+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The main reason....

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    If we go back over the points lost in dreadful results it would depress us even more, basically we should have had promotion wrapped up weeks ago, but in true Leeds fashion we haven’t, we are where we are and nothing any of us on here can do about it, if we could we would, hopefully those at the top can learn from this seasons failure and put it right for having a good go next season, I do fear however we may be without several of our main players though.
    Hmmm. Several of our main players have already gone missing.

Anyone else notice the welsh contingent have not quite been the same since they got knocked out of the euro's?

Sky TV schedule hasn't helped us throughout the season either , Monday night and Friday night for 2 away games is ridiculous , even though we were obviously poor we also looked leggy in my opinion , surprised Farke stuck with the same side (apart from the injury to Bamford) considering the recovery time.

Anyway , enough reasons already , come Tuesday it will be done with and we can all look forward to a jolly old jape in the good old play-offs!

MOT

All for keeping an unchanged team when winning, playing well, players still looking fresh etc, but we havnt been. injuries aside we have decent bench options at this level, fresh legs, minds, energy and some physical edge, but no, Farkes lack of vision and overall trust in subs etc is laughable - thought that was the main reason for having a pool of players, times exactly like this present one.

The boy from Bath speaks a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Anyone else notice the welsh contingent have not quite been the same since they got knocked out of the euro's?

Sky TV schedule hasn't helped us throughout the season either , Monday night and Friday night for 2 away games is ridiculous , even though we were obviously poor we also looked leggy in my opinion , surprised Farke stuck with the same side (apart from the injury to Bamford) considering the recovery time.

Anyway , enough reasons already , come Tuesday it will be done with and we can all look forward to a jolly old jape in the good old play-offs!

MOT
    I’ve not been able to put my finger on it but have said on another thread that even the likes of Ampadu have gone off the boil. You might have something there. The Wales exit may have played on their minds more than we think, combined with the extra games they’ve played. I remember playing footy all morning then all afternoon into the night until my Dad pulled me in the house. We played proper footy then not this passing around the back all night sh!t. OK I was a young kid but these multi millionaires have special training, special nutritionists, special medical care, even psychiatrists and mental coaches. All they need is balls and we should be up 😥

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    I’ve not been able to put my finger on it but have said on another thread that even the likes of Ampadu have gone off the boil. You might have something there. The Wales exit may have played on their minds more than we think, combined with the extra games they’ve played. I remember playing footy all morning then all afternoon into the night until my Dad pulled me in the house. We played proper footy then not this passing around the back all night sh!t. OK I was a young kid but these multi millionaires have special training, special nutritionists, special medical care, even psychiatrists and mental coaches. All they need is balls and we should be up 😥
    Deep down paca , Farke , his coaching staff and the players will all know we should be up by now , inexcusable the amount of points we have dropped to some real dire sides , maybe a touch of arrogance on our behalf like Rotherham away when we should have been at least 3 or 4 up but then allowed em to equalise on the stroke of half time , can think of a few games where we did not put away the chances and paid for it.

Done with now , doubt Ipswich will blow it so Farke needs to work out the route to the play-off final and back to the prem.

Not over just yet.....

Does anyone else feel that this year actually seems harder than Lg 1 years? Let's face it, we knew we were getting hosed anytime we had a player that bates could sell. we were predestined for mediocrity. In spite of that we had some brilliant runs such as the wise/poyet team that started 15 points in the hole, Simon Grayson's almost promotion year and the MB era. None of that applies here.

we have one of the best squads, if not the best, on paper. A solid coach with a well funded back staff, a super strong fan base that travels as good as anyone and a seasoned squad. In spite of that we fail and who knows what's coming down the pipe. We sure aren't getting any breaks from the FA on FFP and we'll lose players we don't want to and won't be able to give away some of our loanees like Aaronson, Kristensen and Roca that no one wants. If we end up back with them loan them out to Lg2 teams.

I do wonder what, if anything, FFP might have on us that could ultimately bite us on the backside if we were to either stay where we are or get promoted. I'm absolutely sure we've not behaved ourselves, but don't know whether any irregularities could extend to fully blown sanctions that will wreak havoc in the future?

I'm assuming Leicester might start "in the hole" next season, but it does seem as if the much bigger fish (i.e. Manchester City) seem to be on some sort of catch and release scheme.

I'm sure this is all explained somewhere (maybe a project for Totty? She's good at digging into things!)!

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Does anyone else feel that this year actually seems harder than Lg 1 years? Let's face it, we knew we were getting hosed anytime we had a player that bates could sell. we were predestined for mediocrity. In spite of that we had some brilliant runs such as the wise/poyet team that started 15 points in the hole, Simon Grayson's almost promotion year and the MB era. None of that applies here.

we have one of the best squads, if not the best, on paper. A solid coach with a well funded back staff, a super strong fan base that travels as good as anyone and a seasoned squad. In spite of that we fail and who knows what's coming down the pipe. We sure aren't getting any breaks from the FA on FFP and we'll lose players we don't want to and won't be able to give away some of our loanees like Aaronson, Kristensen and Roca that no one wants. If we end up back with them loan them out to Lg2 teams.
    It's the hope that kills you. Like you say, in the first season in League 1 we went out and grabbed the rest of the league by the throat, in large part through the grit that Wise injected and the spirit that Poyet developed. I was still able to travel to games, and had family back in Wakefield who could put me up when able to visit ER. Felt really special, with players like Beckford, Douglas, Howson, Angekren (still my favourite keeper!) Carole, Prutton and Johnson etc. all showing what it meant to be a Leeds player, even at the lowly level. No expectation, just a will to help the team win, which they (by and large) returned in spades.

Said in another thread, that we don't have a "special" player (or players) and I'm not talking about whether a player can dribble, pass players, great hold-up play etc, we have some of those, they just don't fire regularly enough. What I mean, is a Batty, or a Jones (Vinnie), a Hernandez, or an Alioski, players who make all the others want to do better, sledge the opposition and make them uncomfortable and uncertain.

And loaning out the likes of Aaronson etc? Who on earth would want them, especially if they are expected to contribute to the players salary, and if not wtf value do LUFC get?
    Last edited by WTF11; 29-04-2024 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I do wonder what, if anything, FFP might have on us that could ultimately bite us on the backside if we were to either stay where we are or get promoted. I'm absolutely sure we've not behaved ourselves, but don't know whether any irregularities could extend to fully blown sanctions that will wreak havoc in the future?

I'm assuming Leicester might start "in the hole" next season, but it does seem as if the much bigger fish (i.e. Manchester City) seem to be on some sort of catch and release scheme.

I'm sure this is all explained somewhere (maybe a project for Totty? She's good at digging into things!)!
    Next season (2024/25) spending must not exceed 85% of turnover, dropping to a 70% limit by 2025-26 & thereafter.
    The squad cost ratio effectively acts as a ''soft'' cap on what clubs can spend.

So the PL are to meet & set to scrap their divisive profit & sustainability structure, which permits clubs to lose up to £105million across a 3 year period then.

In its place will come a structure focused on club’s actual revenue & only being able to spend a percentage of that in the transfer market along side wages too.

Wages, transfer payments and agency fees can only make up 70% of a European club’s total income under such conditions. Non-European Cup clubs will have 85% spending power.

So a 85% revenue cap would mean that we are currently "£9.52million short" of what we would need to steer clear of possible breaches & if promoted could face a charge. 🙁

Is Bamford worth £10 million by any chance ?

Some frightening figures here - don't have nightmares. 🤞
    Premier League PSR & Chelsea spending: Clubs total of £1bn of losses in 11 charts - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68713522

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)