+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Warney gets another promotion

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I'd use bayonet! They don't like it up em!
    A lightbulb moment?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Didn’t he sell John Galley to Bristol City before really seeing what he was capable of?
    That was one of the problems the Doc faced, players being sold to keep the club from going totally bust.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    He shoots himself in the foot quite often on here 🤣
    And still misses his foot..!.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That was one of the problems the Doc faced, players being sold to keep the club from going totally bust.
    Ah - makes sense. Shame, as Galley was one of the better forwards to don one of our shirts, according to my late Dad - I was a bit too young to remember him. Dad would sometimes talk about him as a very good player for u

Ah - makes sense. Shame, as Galley was one of the better forwards to don one of our shirts, according to my late Dad - I was a bit too young to remember him. Dad would sometimes talk about him as a very good player for u

My 1st game watching millers 65 against West Ham Galley scored we had probably then best side I've ever seen for us. Hardly any weak links.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Remind me how many times did Docherty get us promoted?
    He was a gimmicky disaster for the club.
    Yep he promised to get us out of the league when he came. He kept his word. He took us down with Plymouth Argyle.

...just for Gru..

That "boring" Warney celebrating.

https://twitter.com/PageDcfc/status/1784256305525301262

(at least, according to a DCFC feed )

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    For me he just comes across as a miserable bloke that doesn’t know how to be happy or when to feel elation at his achievements.
    Personally I think as regards a manager, there's a big element of imposter syndrome with him.

I've seen posts on here suggesting he didn't celebrate the promotion and disappeared to his office.

I didn't see anything at all yesterday, but just caught the brief highlights this morning, on ITV. He seemed to be enjoying it enough to me, jumping about at the back with a big smile on his face and and a smile on his face again in the short bit of the interview I saw.

I always got the impression he'd be very good company away from football.

Maybe he does appear to take things too seriously as regards the role of manager, but that just seems to be modern football.
    There isn't many these days that don't come across like that, but in isolation it seems to be used as stick to beat Paul Warne with.

I personally wish him well for next year, though I doubt he'll get much slack cut with any kind of mediocre start.
    I regularly see Derby fans at work, and suspect they'll be demanding a ''bigger'' name almost immediately. The ones I spoke to, where flip-flopping about him all season.

He'll always be a divisive figure on here, same as SE, but for different reasons.

He was I was gutted when he left.

" Old fashioned" type centre forward

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    Personally I think as regards a manager, there's a big element of imposter syndrome with him.

I've seen posts on here suggesting he didn't celebrate the promotion and disappeared to his office.

I didn't see anything at all yesterday, but just caught the brief highlights this morning, on ITV. He seemed to be enjoying it enough to me, jumping about at the back with a big smile on his face and and a smile on his face again in the short bit of the interview I saw.

I always got the impression he'd be very good company away from football.

Maybe he does appear to take things too seriously as regards the role of manager, but that just seems to be modern football.
    There isn't many these days that don't come across like that, but in isolation it seems to be used as stick to beat Paul Warne with.

I personally wish him well for next year, though I doubt he'll get much slack cut with any kind of mediocre start.
    I regularly see Derby fans at work, and suspect they'll be demanding a ''bigger'' name almost immediately. The ones I spoke to, where flip-flopping about him all season.

He'll always be a divisive figure on here, same as SE, but for different reasons.

Good company away from football heard it all now! when I was about 14!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast