+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    There’s some very short memories on here from some posters.

We were going down under Bruce and in a complete mess, this bloke came in and had an almost immediate effect and we nearly made the play offs.

He loses our supposedly best defender in the summer in O’Shea and we only bring in Maja of note and he then gets injured.

Dike then out for another season.

He’s brought Fellows through, do we really think Bruce or Pulis would’ve given Fellows his chance in recent years?

I think the more likely scenario is that Carlos will start to feel the bad vibes and he’ll walk.

How quickly we go from lauding him to slagging him off and wishing him gone.

He’s making some selections that are testing us as fans but that’s his call.

I think Shilen is a cool and sensible man and that he’ll want to retain Carlos.

Carlos deserves a summer with the new chairman and recruitment team to fashion his own squad, not have to make Bruce and Gourlay’s f u c k fest of recruiting work!

If we do well in the play offs let’s see if his head is still being called for after a Wembley final.
    WOW!!
    A mature post here. A breath of fresh air.
    I suspect onset dementa not short memories...
    Well put down in words Mick.

Agreed.

We were going down under Bruce and in a complete mess, this bloke came in and had an almost immediate effect and we nearly made the play offs.

He loses our supposedly best defender in the summer in O’Shea and we only bring in Maja of note and he then gets injured.

He’s brought Fellows through, do we really think Bruce or Pulis would’ve given Fellows his chance in recent years?

I think the more likely scenario is that Carlos will start to feel the bad vibes and he’ll walk.

Carlos deserves a summer with the new chairman and recruitment team to fashion his own squad, not have to make Bruce and Gourlay’s f u c k fest of recruiting work!

If we do well in the play offs let’s see if his head is still being called for after a Wembley final.

Your memory appears shorter than most. Just yesterday you were taking the p iss out of three or four players then you now say it’s Carlos’s call! Make your f uckin mind up.

Then you rant about it’s irrelevant about fans paying money to see the club away then just drink and drink and stick something up their noses! That’s a personal choice just like somebody who does not want to take their money out of the pocket and sip tea from the finest tea bags 😂. Everyone to their own!

Corberan has done a great job with a bunch of seasonal bottlers, he deserves the chance to build his own Albion team.
    However as with every coach/manager they have an Achilles heel, Corberan’s is that he is too cautious and negative away from home , the football being appallingly boring at times, also this tinkering of late has definitely disturbed the side, speaking to my neighbour who is a Leeds season ticket holder he said Bielsa dug his own grave with the same sort of tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Corberan has done a great job with a bunch of seasonal bottlers, he deserves the chance to build his own Albion team.
    However as with every coach/manager they have an Achilles heel, Corberan’s is that he is too cautious and negative away from home , the football being appallingly boring at times, also this tinkering of late has definitely disturbed the side, speaking to my neighbour who is a Leeds season ticket holder he said Bielsa dug his own grave with the same sort of tactics

You are right! Whilst it's frustrating, I honestly don't mind losing if the football is entertaining. Do you blame many of the 2400 supporters who left early yesterday after spending that money! You don't go to the Odeon or Everyman to repeatedly see s hit films!

Hear, hear - well put!🌟

Without Carlos we would be relegated .

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Your memory appears shorter than most. Just yesterday you were taking the p iss out of three or four players then you now say it’s Carlos’s call! Make your f uckin mind up.

Then you rant about it’s irrelevant about fans paying money to see the club away then just drink and drink and stick something up their noses! That’s a personal choice just like somebody who does not want to take their money out of the pocket and sip tea from the finest tea bags 😂. Everyone to their own!

AL…….you go from saying Ishmael is the best thing we’ve had as coach in years to wanting him gone weeks later.

Next minute Corberan is a genius and now you’re saying he’s sh it and needs to go.

It’s you that needs to make his f kin mind up, you flip flop from one opinion one week to a completely different position the next week on managers.

You yourself have been slagging off our away fans in recent weeks and now you dig at me for pointing out that many travel for a p I s s up and party away from their missus…..you can’t have it both ways.

On one hand you’re saying they’re morons and in the next breath you’re slagging me me off for pointing out the match day routine for many of them!?

So which is it……are you right for calling them morons or am I?

Like I said, it’s a personal choice to travel away, if you don’t like the football and it’s such a depressing experience then why bother.

You don’t like Corberan’s football yet you were desperate for tickets for the Wednesday match.

As for Carlos I won’t be calling for his head even if we fail to make the play offs, I’d rather have the heads of Wallace, Diangana, Bartley and Townsend.

This is the most passionate, thoughtful and motivated head coach we’ve had since Mowbray.

I wish we played like Mowbray’s side but even then, we were moaning because he couldn’t coach a decent defence and we moaned about that.

I think we have far greater issues to sort out than the manager.

I’d play for Corberan in a heartbeat, it’s good to have a decent human being in the job rather than a self obsessed shyster!

We’ve had plenty of those since Mowbray.

Corberan could have left this summer. Most would have. It would have been the best career move for him rather than staying at a club in turmoil with the oldest squad in the league and no money to spend.

I’m just surprised he doesn’t have fans that are blindly loyal towards him rather than calling him pathetic for a lull of form in an otherwise impressive season.

I'm very happy with what Carlos has done for our club and despite the occasional frustration, I find it difficult to believe in the difficult circumstances he has had to navigate, that anyone else could have done a better job. I expect him to have us well prepared to take on whichever team we face in the playoffs!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)