+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    I'm very happy with what Carlos has done for our club and despite the occasional frustration, I find it difficult to believe in the difficult circumstances he has had to navigate, that anyone else could have done a better job. I expect him to have us well prepared to take on whichever team we face in the playoffs!
    Personally, I’m sick of our revolving door of head coaches.

The thing I like about Patel is that he seems clam, measured and intelligent.

I’d like to see us stick with a manager of such resolve and high work ethic as Carlos for four or five years, the constant changing rarely works and costs a fortune in compensation.

Does anyone really think that given a bit of a spending budget that our number 9 would be Wallace or Phillips or even Maja?

We need another Ashworth to help Carlos in this regard, at the moment he’s constantly being expected to put lipstick on pigs and to polish turds.

A lot of us will have worked for struggling companies who didn’t have a pot to p I s s in and be expected to work miracles.

I experienced this at Dunlop Sports in the 90’s, we had almost no advertising budget yet competitors like Wilson and Head had millions to spend……us lads on the road were expected to “make chicken salad” as the Yanks say ( out of chicken sh it) whilst looking enviously across at our competitors.

Carlos is constantly being asked to make a tasty chicken salad with c r a p p y ingredients.

Please let’s give him a summer with a new owner.

Everyone has to have everything NOW these days…….we need to be a bit more patient and show the bloke the same respect he shows us.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    AL…….you go from saying Ishmael is the best thing we’ve had as coach in years to wanting him gone weeks later.

Next minute Corberan is a genius and now you’re saying he’s sh it and needs to go.

It’s you that needs to make his f kin mind up, you flip flop from one opinion one week to a completely different position the next week on managers.

You yourself have been slagging off our away fans in recent weeks and now you dig at me for pointing out that many travel for a p I s s up and party away from their missus…..you can’t have it both ways.

On one hand you’re saying they’re morons and in the next breath you’re slagging me me off for pointing out the match day routine for many of them!?

So which is it……are you right for calling them morons or am I?

Like I said, it’s a personal choice to travel away, if you don’t like the football and it’s such a depressing experience then why bother.

You don’t like Corberan’s football yet you were desperate for tickets for the Wednesday match.

As for Carlos I won’t be calling for his head even if we fail to make the play offs, I’d rather have the heads of Wallace, Diangana, Bartley and Townsend.

This is the most passionate, thoughtful and motivated head coach we’ve had since Mowbray.

I wish we played like Mowbray’s side but even then, we were moaning because he couldn’t coach a decent defence and we moaned about that.

I think we have far greater issues to sort out than the manager.

I’d play for Corberan in a heartbeat, it’s good to have a decent human being in the job rather than a self obsessed shyster!

We’ve had plenty of those since Mowbray.
    But you have mentioned again you would have the heads of four players and took the p iss out of them yesterday but in the next breath you say it’s CC call. That’s double dutch as Baggie Bird does not pick the team. You said M’Vila was class but yesterday Yann is not quite the man! Which is it?

There was me and Boingy sticking up for Pulis when everyone was slating him. Was the football under Pulis any worse than our performances in the last two months? It’s was also in the premier league and not a poor championship.

Yes I have said many of our away fans were morons and they are for the trouble they cause. But different from you being critical of their drinking and drugs habits which is a personal life choice as long as it does not bother anyone else. Easy to criticise something though when a person does not do it or been to a place. Everyone to their own and that includes drink, drugs and rock and roll as long as it does not affect me.

The team were slammed yesterday by many on social media and rightly so! Bomber is critical but I tell you what - he knows his stuff when he talks about tinkering etc!

Perhaps it’s just me but hey I have had the good grace to chance my mind - after slating Reach I said he should start over Townsend but then again so should a pub player. Maybe a top team looking for a striker will eye up Wallace who CC loves 😂

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    But you have mentioned again you would have the heads of four players and took the p iss out of them yesterday but in the next breath you say it’s CC call. That’s double dutch as Baggie Bird does not pick the team. You said M’Vila was class but yesterday Yann is not quite the man! Which is it?

There was me and Boingy sticking up for Pulis when everyone was slating him. Was the football under Pulis any worse than our performances in the last two months? It’s was also in the premier league and not a poor championship.

Yes I have said many of our away fans were morons and they are for the trouble they cause. But different from you being critical of their drinking and drugs habits which is a personal life choice as long as it does not bother anyone else. Easy to criticise something though when a person does not do it or been to a place. Everyone to their own and that includes drink, drugs and rock and roll as long as it does not affect me.

The team were slammed yesterday by many on social media and rightly so! Bomber is critical but I tell you what - he knows his stuff when he talks about tinkering etc!

Perhaps it’s just me but hey I have had the good grace to chance my mind - after slating Reach I said he should start over Townsend but then again so should a pub player. Maybe a top team looking for a striker will eye up Wallace who CC loves 😂

You loved Ishmael and then you wanted him out, you loved Carlos and now you want him out.

Make your mind up…..do you love him or is he a fool?

His players let him down yesterday.

Don’t you think he deserves our trust and respect and a summer with the new chairman?

Or do we think the fans should call for his head at the Preston match?

It’s one or the other AL?

You loved Ishmael and then you wanted him out, you loved Carlos and now you want him out.

Make your mind up…..do you love him or is he a fool?

His players let him down yesterday.

Don’t you think he deserves our trust and respect and a summer with the new chairman?

Or do we think the fans should call for his head at the Preston match?

It’s one or the other AL?

Show me where I have called for his head? I have said the last 7/8 performances have been woeful and like Bomber said the tinkering and team selections are a joke! They are!

I was about the last person except Boingy who wanted Pulis out - that was premier league. I have slated Big Dave as a manager but almost all fans have at his previous clubs. Your mate Des had harsher words.

If we can’t get a draw against Preston after recent displays that will be embarrassing! Then again if the right line up starts and the players are up for it ( like Hull and Ipswich ) last night we will have no problems and win. Rarely are the majority of supporters wrong with observations or criticism!

Corberon is a good manager albeit there are short comings with most managers. The two managers for me who have been truly magnificent are the Ipswich manager and Wednesday manager who has pulled off a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Show me where I have called for his head? I have said the last 7/8 performances have been woeful and like Bomber said the tinkering and team selections are a joke! They are!

I was about the last person except Boingy who wanted Pulis out - that was premier league. I have slated Big Dave as a manager but almost all fans have at his previous clubs. Your mate Des had harsher words.

If we can’t get a draw against Preston after recent displays that will be embarrassing! Then again if the right line up starts and the players are up for it ( like Hull and Ipswich ) last night we will have no problems and win. Rarely are the majority of supporters wrong with observations or criticism!

Corberon is a good manager albeit there are short comings with most managers. The two managers for me who have been truly magnificent are the Ipswich manager and Wednesday manager who has pulled off a miracle!
    I agree with much of this post but you have been heavily on Carlos’s back for most of the season, especially for away games.

As for the Ipswich and Sheff Wed head coaches, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a blue moon.

Look at how long those two great clubs have spent in League One over the past decade or more, they’ve failed with multiple managers.

For once they’ve tripped over their own feet and landed in the lap of a stunning bird rather than finding themselves looking up at Alan Carr.

Let’s see how clever we all are by naming a young and unproven coach who becomes the next McKenna at Ipswich or the lad coaching at Luton Town……a young coach who succeeds next season at whichever club?

I wouldn’t know who to suggest and if I did, he’d probably fail like most do.

Everyone gets lucky at some point but our two recent punts in Darren Moore and James Shann failed.

Appleton worked out well for us, we wanted to anoint him at half time v West Ham and hang him at full time!

Irvine was an absolute diamond of a punt!

Get rid of Carlos and appoint who?

It has to be said I don’t think anyone on this forum want’s Corberan out, he’s done a magnificent job with serial bottlers, however it is plain to see that he has got it badly wrong on several occasions this season and personally while it’s great to be in the playoffs we are very fortunate to still be there especially after the last few games.
    Al has a genuine point to make, the football served up away from home has in the majority been terrible and at times worse than anything Pulis served up, at least we could defend under him.
    I for one can’t wait for next season when Corberan can get rid of the dead wood and build his own team, I hope in the Championship where he’ll have a decent chance of building a side without being in the Premiership getting mauled every week, he deserves a fighting chance

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    It has to be said I don’t think anyone on this forum want’s Corberan out, he’s done a magnificent job with serial bottlers, however it is plain to see that he has got it badly wrong on several occasions this season and personally while it’s great to be in the playoffs we are very fortunate to still be there especially after the last few games.
    Al has a genuine point to make, the football served up away from home has in the majority been terrible and at times worse than anything Pulis served up, at least we could defend under him.
    I for one can’t wait for next season when Corberan can get rid of the dead wood and build his own team, I hope in the Championship where he’ll have a decent chance of building a side without being in the Premiership getting mauled every week, he deserves a fighting chance
    Did anyone seriously think that our present squad were good enough for the play offs either this year or last year?

Hardly any of our players would get into the top 50 or even 100 players in the division.

Palmer and Fellows maybe, Yok on a good day but he’s having less of those nowadays, Johnston probably.

We are a well polished turd that sometimes loses its lustre and shows its true self.

We are a well polished turd that sometimes loses its lustre and shows its true self.
    That is probably as good a description of the team as you could honestly get. Brutal but honest.
    Check back to the beginning of the season and I posted I was under no illusions of the severity of the club's situation with a communist as an owner. I posted back then I could see an administration alongside relegation, which I figured was still on the cards up to Christmas.
    I never expected a possible play off place (if it happens). The biggest threat I saw was the viability of the club's status along with it's great history. I even posted relegation would be worth it, if it brought about an emergency sale by lai. To now find ourselves, with what at the moment appears to be a decent human being, with more then a passing interest in building a club for fans with a long term view.
    A possible play off added bonus few matches.
    A manager who has shown courage and a morale compass in staying in the position, when I am sure many would have walked away. Not had a f u c k i n g penny to spend to boot!!!
    To me it looks nothing short of a small miracle. Just reading the names of some of those recent managers have made me shudder ffs....

Hallelujah, we’re rid of Lai, that’s enough to make this season something to be happy about. Really though, we know next to nothing about the new owner but hopefully, he prove to be a good custodian. We have a manager that has put the team way above what most of us expected with no budget to speak of. We’ve lost a few matches, it happens, the manager makes wrong team selections (our opinion), it happens. We’re all hung up over the playoffs because we always want the Albion to win but winning the aforementioned playoffs will bring, almost certainly, a season of misery, which could cost our manager his job. The alternative is another season in the Championship, the most entertaining league that there is. Above all, remember, that we still have West Bromwich Albion, it has survived, despite Comrade Lai! Be happy, like me…….!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Hallelujah, we’re rid of Lai, that’s enough to make this season something to be happy about. Really though, we know next to nothing about the new owner but hopefully, he prove to be a good custodian. We have a manager that has put the team way above what most of us expected with no budget to speak of. We’ve lost a few matches, it happens, the manager makes wrong team selections (our opinion), it happens. We’re all hung up over the playoffs because we always want the Albion to win but winning the aforementioned playoffs will bring, almost certainly, a season of misery, which could cost our manager his job. The alternative is another season in the Championship, the most entertaining league that there is. Above all, remember, that we still have West Bromwich Albion, it has survived, despite Comrade Lai! Be happy, like me…….!
    I think that sums the season up for most of us Kets, very well said.

We were facing a Bury type scenario and probably the loss of The Hawthorns and having to start again as a phoenix club.

Instead, we are 4 matches away from the Premier League and around £120m with which to rebuild our great club.

But……we’re not very entertaining and the manager is juggling a bunch of ageing journeymen which is winding us up at times.

Excellent perspective in your post Kets.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)