Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
We are a well polished turd that sometimes loses its lustre and shows its true self.
That is probably as good a description of the team as you could honestly get. Brutal but honest.
Check back to the beginning of the season and I posted I was under no illusions of the severity of the club's situation with a communist as an owner. I posted back then I could see an administration alongside relegation, which I figured was still on the cards up to Christmas.
I never expected a possible play off place (if it happens). The biggest threat I saw was the viability of the club's status along with it's great history. I even posted relegation would be worth it, if it brought about an emergency sale by lai. To now find ourselves, with what at the moment appears to be a decent human being, with more then a passing interest in building a club for fans with a long term view.
A possible play off added bonus few matches.
A manager who has shown courage and a morale compass in staying in the position, when I am sure many would have walked away. Not had a f u c k i n g penny to spend to boot!!!
To me it looks nothing short of a small miracle. Just reading the names of some of those recent managers have made me shudder ffs....