+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk of challenging for promotion is foolish

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I disagree with the OP you have to be positive and set a target, setting a target like that means there is no hiding for TS if he doesn’t fix the infrastructure issues and bring in the players we need
    You are mixing up a ‘target’ with a declaration we will challenge for promotion. Which is what was said. To me it sounded like arrogance, based on what exactly? Methods? Recruitment needed? A plan even?
    I for one am sick of these silly PR aimless words with no validity. The club has become a joke.
    No one believes him anymore. When he finally gives some meaningful money away to spend, what does he do? Gives it to an idiot to spend. And we are supposed to trust his judgement? Going back to an old cosy jumper, one who thinks Hugill is magnificent.
    Back up words with sound intent and planning….then it might be believable.

Cracks are showing already, quote from SE yesterday…

“The task is bigger than the one the chairman and the board outlined to me; it's substantially bigger - on the pitch particularly, little bits off it.”

Is he saying TS has lied to him barely a week into the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post

“The task is bigger than the one the chairman and the board outlined to me; it's substantially bigger - on the pitch particularly, little bits off it.”

That's just Evo saying, 'Tony get your wallet ready'.

Also, maybe Evo was too hasty to say YES down the phone without first calling in to see the shambles we are currently in both on and off the pitch.

Stating promotion is a must is foolish indeed. We have no given right to think we can just waltz through League 1 to glory. Me thinks it's just sales patter for renewals or an old man's dream thinking Evo is the righteous saviour and all will be well now he's back.

I posted my thoughts earlier and I will be happy with a mid table/ just outside the play offs stabilised position. Follow this up with further team building the season after for a full on assault going for promotion in 2025/2026 and hopefully with a squad, should we get there, that can sustain itself in the Championship.
    Last edited by Brin; 28-04-2024 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    t I s £25 millers promoted next season even by the play-offs are you taking it you pay same if we're not to a worthy cause in this area? Steve will sort it I'm more confident can't do nothing now there's more than half of the squad need moving on. TS will back him keep the faith now we've got right management team in.

Put your money were your mouth is! £25 that's enough keeps it friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Put your money were your mouth is! £25 that's enough keeps it friendly.
    I’ve reached exhaustion over the yo-yo approach - I’d rather see us build from the base, stop talking about promotion and take a more methodical form of ‘project management’ approach - get the foundation solid enough to sustain us as a good L1 side and then forward plan a push back to the Championship with a clear plan of how we might cement a place in the Championship sub league of lower-mid table status

He's tightrope walking and putting a safety net up " just in case"

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    I’ve reached exhaustion over the yo-yo approach - I’d rather see us build from the base, stop talking about promotion and take a more methodical form of ‘project management’ approach - get the foundation solid enough to sustain us as a good L1 side and then forward plan a push back to the Championship with a clear plan of how we might cement a place in the Championship sub league of lower-mid table status
    So would I

There are at least 4 players in the squad that would have got in either the Derby or Portsmouth starting eleven:

Victor
    Humphries
    Oddofin
    Rathbone

Then a few other who would have got in any of the playoff teams:

Hughill
    Nombe
    Bramall

So with a bit of Evans nouse and some investment I don’t expect us to be far away.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestCorner View Post
    There are at least 4 players in the squad that would have got in either the Derby or Portsmouth starting eleven:

Victor
    Humphries
    Oddofin
    Rathbone

Then a few other who would have got in any of the playoff teams:

Hughill
    Nombe
    Bramall

So with a bit of Evans nouse and some investment I don’t expect us to be far away.
    Good shout. Would add Linsey and revan to the 2nd list though both won't be here next season

Must say I found SE's comment a bit worrying.
    We all know things aren't right at the club but maybe the problems run much deeper than we realise.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast