+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk of challenging for promotion is foolish

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Must say I found SE's comment a bit worrying.
    We all know things aren't right at the club but maybe the problems run much deeper than we realise.
    Indeed.

Its clear that the day to day training of players has been shambolic for the last 18 months. Whatever happened to the medical, physio and fitness teams since Warne left once a proper look at.

The soft tissue injuries are bad ones, but its funny how we didnt have them anywhere near this level under any other manager bar Taylor - DESPITE the training ground being just as poo then. Worth noting, we lost more than just Warney.

The type of drills, where it was being done, what time it was being done etc. has been a cluprit. Thats obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Indeed.

Its clear that the day to day training of players has been shambolic for the last 18 months. Whatever happened to the medical, physio and fitness teams since Warne left once a proper look at.

The soft tissue injuries are bad ones, but its funny how we didnt have them anywhere near this level under any other manager bar Taylor - DESPITE the training ground being just as poo then. Worth noting, we lost more than just Warney.

The type of drills, where it was being done, what time it was being done etc. has been a cluprit. Thats obvious.
    SE post game interview yesterday was interesting - elements of a post mortem about it. ‘This squad would struggle in L1’ pretty damning and we’re just 25% of what it needs to be achieving L1 promotion and holding our own in the Champ - I liked MT as a person, but clearly ‘out of his depth on a damp pavement’ comes to mind when looking at what it takes to get/keep a club like ours where it has been this season

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    SE post game interview yesterday was interesting - elements of a post mortem about it. ‘This squad would struggle in L1’ pretty damning and we’re just 25% of what it needs to be achieving L1 promotion and holding our own in the Champ - I liked MT as a person, but clearly ‘out of his depth on a damp pavement’ comes to mind when looking at what it takes to get/keep a club like ours where it has been this season
    Tony Stewart clearly out off his depth.

Top 6 next season or it's a failure

Warne has done it without fail.

We have a decent budget for league 1.

Its all on evo and Stuart behind the scenes

Top 6 finish is a minimum.

Warne did it with a team who had amassed the worst points record in the championship ever.
    Next year went straight back up.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Priority - Stop.The.Rot.
    Only way you stop it is by winning

I also think the bulk of this current squad would struggle to get us in the top half of division one. I really do not understand how people believe Rathbone should be pivotal to us doing well next season. He plays centre midfield and at times in an advanced role. His record of assists and goalscoring in the championship and division one do not stack up.
    In three seasons for us in league football he has scored seven and had seven assists. No doubt about it he is somebody who puts in a shift for you but his creativity is negligible. If we are to keep him (i would prefer a decent fee and move him on) we need a Barlaser type player around him. They are difficult to find,in three and a half seasons for us Barlaser had 23 assists and in the promotion season he scored nine times. I believe there are many players who could do the job Rathbone does(ratting) but if we are to progress we need better players in the middle of the park imo.

Mangers are doomed for speaking out and doomed for not saying anything.
    I'm glad SE is being positive about our club.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy View Post
    I also think the bulk of this current squad would struggle to get us in the top half of division one. I really do not understand how people believe Rathbone should be pivotal to us doing well next season. He plays centre midfield and at times in an advanced role. His record of assists and goalscoring in the championship and division one do not stack up.
    In three seasons for us in league football he has scored seven and had seven assists. No doubt about it he is somebody who puts in a shift for you but his creativity is negligible. If we are to keep him (i would prefer a decent fee and move him on) we need a Barlaser type player around him. They are difficult to find,in three and a half seasons for us Barlaser had 23 assists and in the promotion season he scored nine times. I believe there are many players who could do the job Rathbone does(ratting) but if we are to progress we need better players in the middle of the park imo.
    Agreed but remember he was effective in division one. It’s a much poorer level than the championship- much more reliant on physicality. We will of course need the ball player but I suspect that’s where the money will have to be spent.

Will be interesting to see if Evans can get a tune out of Nombe as well. I suspect he will play a 4-3-3 so expect Nombe to get a go on the right side of the front three - the Agard role.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedthegoater View Post
    Mangers are doomed for speaking out and doomed for not saying anything.
    I'm glad SE is being positive about our club.
    The beauty of Evo is he says it as it is and doesn't hold nothing back. Good or bad with this type of approach? I think it's good then all and sundry can truly hear/see what exactly is wrong at our club. I don't like all the PC/PR 'shut your gob' that Richardson daren't mention.

Get it all out there in the open before the close season begins, Evo recruits, Stewart sorts out facilities/training pitches out then sit back and hopefully let Evo get on with bringing results and happier times back to us all.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast