+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's Official - worse than under the Trust & Thompson

It's Official - worse than under the Trust & Thompson

This team has finished a point and a place below Steve Thompson and the Trust in 2006/07.
    At this level, which until recently was the lowest we'd ever sunk, we have had eight 4th tier seasons finishing higher than this one.

I think it would be fair to say that this level is the most unpredictable of the top 5 tiers, but I'm not feeling confident next season will be much of an improvement, if at all.

Personally, I think our owners were thinking the team had too many players not up to the job and promotion could have led to inevitable relegation.

Did they trust SM to make good use of better players if we had signed any? I think not, so survival became more important than trying for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    This team has finished a point and a place below Steve Thompson and the Trust in 2006/07.
    At this level, which until recently was the lowest we'd ever sunk, we have had eight 4th tier seasons finishing higher than this one.

I think it would be fair to say that this level is the most unpredictable of the top 5 tiers, but I'm not feeling confident next season will be much of an improvement, if at all.
    When was the last time we finished higher than this?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Thompson wasnt in charge of a team who had spent 4 years in NL.

You can twist stats anyway you like.

In terms of entertainment value, this Notts team at their worst are still a better watch than Thompson's Notts team at their best.

Yep, you never know what the hell is going to happen!