+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time For Montague And Maynard To Go Now

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Montague needs to go as he's pissed two transfer windows up the wall with farcical recruitment, Maynard has struggled, tbh I actually find him likeable but I do worry he's not the right manager for Notts.
    The summer window wasn't that bad. Stone was a miss and perhaps too much faith was placed in the squad that got us a record points haul but attacking wise, no one can complain.

January was always going to be difficult to recruit. Players prices go up in January as either the agent or the clubs will know you're desperate for that area. If we don't strengthen the defence in the summer, then we can get the pitch forks out but let's wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Absolute nonsense. Overall poor recruitment, especially the hopeless coach. We have so many players not fit to play for Notts, which is why we lose to **** teams like FGR, Sutton United etc and lose five home games on the bounce. Football is a game of opinions, but one of us is right and it's not you.
    You've really got it in for Notts of late, on pretty much every level it seems from your posts. Hopefully next season they can help you to have a somewhat happier opinion and we can both be right instead of just me.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-04-2024 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I really don't get all this anti-Montague sentiment. The recruiting under the current leadership has been streets ahead of anything in recent times despite some that haven't turned out so well. The owners obviously trust his judgement after working with him for more than a decade. No club is going to have a 100% hit rate in terms of recruitment, especially when seeking greater value than cost.
    100% agree Swale. Not much wrong with our recruitment. He’s only been talked about since Maynard took over.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    100% agree Swale. Not much wrong with our recruitment. He’s only been talked about since Maynard took over.
    So some blame Maynard, some blame Montague, and some are above blaming anyone because that's just for the lower orders. Like a sociology essay always says, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Only edited it to add a comma, but while I'm here, I blame both, sociology can do one.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 27-04-2024 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    So some blame Maynard, some blame Montague, and some are above blaming anyone because that's just for the lower orders. Like a sociology essay always says, the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    Our record pre Maynard and our record post Maynard makes me think there’s one person who’s not quite up to the job.

But some of our fans willingness to accept the status quo because of a statement rather than what they see on the pitch is fairly notable.

Let's see how much deadwood is cleared out. If they don't, serious questions need to be asked re recruitment. Too many unfit on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

Only edited it to add a comma, but while I'm here, I blame both, sociology can do one.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I really don't get all this anti-Montague sentiment. The recruiting under the current leadership has been streets ahead of anything in recent times despite some that haven't turned out so well. The owners obviously trust his judgement after working with him for more than a decade. No club is going to have a 100% hit rate in terms of recruitment, especially when seeking greater value than cost.
    When was the last time we had 2 managers on the bounce head hunted a player of the season for the division and the divisions highest scorer. Yep the recruitment is totally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Fresh and seasoned / experienced ideas needed for next season, one things for sure unless Maynard has an unbelievable season they are both on thin ice with the supporters from the start.

That interview on Magpie Circle did nothing to feel confident about, if they said that they have fecked up massively on Defensive recruitment this season I would have a lot of respect for the club, I hope behind the scenes that is the sentiment. It feels the club is going backwards on the pitch, and we are either too stubborn to acknowledge it or are very naive.

A lot of bridge building is needed by the club as most of us knew last season we weren’t good enough defensively. Time to act.
    Montague mentions on Magpie Circle that they'd missed out on a couple targets that was disappointing. Not much we can do about that though. Yeah why did he bring Langstaff, Scott, Jones and Crowley in eh? I think he's been quite successful in what is quite a difficult job especially in the lower leagues.
    Maynard the jury is still out on that. Just when you think it's looking at going in the right direction we put on a clueless performance like today and go back to square 1!!!

yeah totally agree, we lost a game and should sack everybody. That always solves everything, guaranteed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast