+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our record when Robertson plays

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Well we could all agree that Robertson is at best , bang average, nothing more.
    I’m reserving judgement until we have better midfielders alongside him like a fully fit Palmer and a replacement for JOB/Bostock.

Results since Robertson has arrived are about as indicative of his ability as are possession stats of our ability of a team.
    He's come into the team in a difficult position having lost our manager and performances on the slide, the fans turning against the club and not match fit. Since then he has improved steadily and already become an important member of the squad, easily performing better than Bostock and Austin.
    He is 22 and still learning his trade. Put him alongside Palmer and a fit for purpose defence after a full preseason and he will prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Ok when he has played our record is 3 3 10 thats 12 points from 16 games which is 0.75 points a game.When he has not played ,suspension or injury ,the teams record is 2 1 1 which is 1.75 points a game.I really do rest my case m'lord.
    There is no statistical significance in those figures. You run the risk of making a point which has legs but backing it up with facts which, because of the small sample size, mean nothing whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Well we could all agree that Robertson is at best , bang average, nothing more.
    We definitely can't all agree. Robertson is still raw around the edges but I like what I've seen. I think he will be a valuable player next season.

I disagree with the greatest respect ,Fleetwood got rid,just been relegated ,will struggle next season,the guy ,yes wins a few tackles ,but is very ordinary ok you guys dont see it now but you will next season

I disagree with the greatest respect ,Fleetwood got rid,just been relegated ,will struggle next season,the guy ,yes wins a few tackles ,but is very ordinary ok you guys dont see it now but you will next season
    That's the idea of a defensive midfielder, break up play...

Yes but look at the mistakes he has made

Look at the mistakes Bostock, O'Brien, Baldwin, Cameron, Nemane, Slocombe, Stone, Ashby-Hammond have made... Oh, that doesn't fit your agenda

What about the mistakes Bostock Crowley Jones have made?? Bostock & Jones have both given away penalties. Crowley loses possession quite a bit in his own half & has a habit of then chasing the man & bringing him down. Bostock Jones & Cameron get caught out if the ball is not their left peg

Our major problem is not Robertson it's who's playing beside him... Bostock has been dismal the past few months, JOB does his best but just doesn't have the legs to keep going for 90 mins... Austin...oh dear jesus don't even mention that traffic cone... who else do we really have... Colkett? A guy that came in and was never given a sniff...Randall? Good god I actually thought he was a myth until I saw his wiki... we are so light in midfield which should of been addressed properly in Jan... I have no problem with Robertson but he does need some help as a young lad and blaming him for this mess is incorrect. Please please please let Matty Palmer defy the odds and come back very soon!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast