+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Life of Brian

The Life of Brian

Do you remember this film from back in the 70’s(?)

A classic tongue in cheek parody of religion and its followers,maybe they was right though,where’s the proof that the three wise men worshipped the correct child,msybe it should have been Brian and the Peoples Front of Judea that we pray to every Sunday morning?

The bible and the Koran go hand in hand with each other in many ways yet for about 2000 years we have been at each other’s throats and Jews still at war with its neighbours,whst a price they’ve paid for grassing up Jesus to Pilate all those years ago

Its time you sought a broader understanding of all there is, Brians or yours.

You are stuck in the past. Life is not meant to be easy, that whatever challenges you have and overcome, new ones emerge, that you as a person must evolve, and become who you are, whatever that means.

The outside world is just the canvass, and you decide what you paint. All you know is wrong.

For instance, you being a county fan, that county will never win the prem, or the FA cup, you will pootle around in the lower leagues for the duration.

You have much in common with Tottenham, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Sheffield Wedneday, Everton, any big club in fact.

They will NEVER win the prem either, add the championship to that list, these mega clubs, and little clubs like yours have no chance.

The fans of those clubs have a shared delusion, that consciously or unconsciously, they think they can win the prem, the euro cups, become no1.

No.

In astronomy, they now think that this universe has a predecessor, another universe before this one, that we are free to explore the cosmos, go as far as we can, explore eternity.

Not in football, corporate greed will exclude you, Notts County, United, and most. It is a scam, a closed shop, criminal, fair play not wanted, you are in a fish bowl.

While the owners of the elite count their takings, and fix there dominance. Will you, like jesus, over turn their tables? No.

What you can do is stop going, not pay to watch a dead end, that even if you win div 4, at some point, the ultimate prize will elude you.

You are wasting your time, no one cares. Tell me pray, what cambridge fans give a stuff about county? While you stagger to your grave with a cane or walking stick, stuck, going under, sedentary, playing the old tunes, chasing futility.

What is not futile? Do you know?

In the time thst I’ve supported Notts they’ve played in Division One,Two,League One and League Two plus another four years in non league,they’ve had the greats like Jimmy Sirrel taking charge to nightmare owners like Hardy and Trew and let’s not forget Russell King and Munto fiasco who came within a whisker of finishing the club for good (look it up on YouTube if you don’t know)

Then there’s the Wembley finals over the years including that Italian cup tournament which we won,I’ve watched as Forest win two European cups the same first two years thst I started supporting Notts and visiting around 50+ games following them,worst of all I’ve never seen Notts in a league above Forest and I will never will but if I could do it all over again I would still support Notts because that’s what fans do,go through the journey through thick n thin

You should start supporting Man City or Spurs and become a armchair supporter of Sky Sports if you don’t get what supporting your club means
    Last edited by chaincey.ncfc; 29-04-2024 at 11:41 AM.

That’s 50+ grounds not games,it would have been an eventful season tbf if it was games

It is all futile, all of it. Its like watching eastenders, watching is the word, of the above, what have you done?

Nothing, apart from watch.

You, chalky, spent your life working in a hospital, did you take further training, become a nurse, a doctor, a medical director, have you been a county councillor, have you made money and spread it around.

Did you play for county, or anyone? Are you into Reiki?, meditation, self education, explore the sea of cortez? Have you left broken hearts behind you, and had yours broken?

Have you been in the depths of despair, and the wondrous highs, have you been to Pozzuoli? What does your day hold?, is it the same as yesterday?

50 plus grounds eh. Its a start. Join your local buddhist centre, and tell me how it goes. Join a walking football team and play like roy keane. Invest in trade 212, fall in love.

Whatever, its about you, not about watching, you can do plenty of that upstairs. What will follow now is a list of noes. O well.

Join a walking football team and run.

Why would I want to be a doctor or horror ofhorrors a county councillor?

I had a job that only I liked but was good at,a job that paid me enough to get by on and put a roof over my head,I’ve given a lot of money away over the years to people who I think deserve it,small gestures can make big differences in their lives,just knowing that somebody has their back is usually enough to make themselves feel good

As I write this I’m sat by the river in the warmth of the sun,Coco is enjoying the freedom of not being in his cage and showing off to passerbys,I feel relaxed and at one with the world and it’s costing me nothing,not a single penny,you don’t need money to be rich Frank

Your misinterpreting me as usual. Money has nothing to do with it. When you find your place in the firmanent, where will it be? If you were to use all your talents, where would it go?

I dont know, and neither do you. More nonsense now.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)