+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Released/retained list

Released/retained list

I reckon we have these under contract until 2025. I’d invite the ones asterisked to leave:

Lewis
    Ellis
    Barclay*
    Lavelle*
    Mellish
    Armer
    Robinson*
    McGeogh
    McCalmont*
    Guy
    Neal
    Harris*
    Charters*
    Vela
    Butterworth
    Armstrong
    Kelly

Let’s face it, we need a good purge of those who are, at best, EFL2 players or we won’t get out of EFL2. Our experience in EFL1 demonstrated that fitter, taller and faster players are what a team needs to be built on. The ones I’d hang on to would bring something to the squad. The others won’t.

If you want a purge of those who are at best EFL2 players I think you've been very kind to a few there Griff.

The defence has been embarrassingly bad this season.

I would add an asterisk to Ellis, Mellish and Armer.

I’m looking at the teams likely to be in EFL2 next season and the likes of Stockport and Wrexham who can throw cash at it have gone. I can see Bradford and Notts making a push, maybe Doncaster if they remain but I don’t think we’ll see the quality of player in the league that we’ve seen in the last couple of seasons. I reckon Ellis, Mellish and Armer are now experienced enough to cope as squad players, maybe not making the 11 every week but contributing throughout the season. We need to add a physical quality though.

It’s official… thoughts lads & lasses?

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/new...released-list/

To save folk looking, it’s a waste of time. Nothing about players made available for transfer:

Carlisle United Football Club can confirm the retained/released list as below:

Players already contracted for the 2024/25 season: Jack Armer, Luke Armstrong, Ben Barclay, Gabe Breeze, Dan Butterworth, Taylor Charters, Jack Ellis, Callum Guy, Jayden Harris, Georgie Kelly, Sam Lavelle, Harry Lewis, Alfie McCalmont, Dylan McGeouch, Jon Mellish, Harrison Neal, Jack Robinson and Josh Vela.

Players offered new deals: Anton Dudik.

Second-year youth players who have been offered a third-year scholarship: Jake Allan, Josh O’Brien, Aran Fitzpatrick and Sam Hetherington.

Players released: Josh Emmanuel, Jordan Gibson, Tomas Holy, Paul Huntington, Max Kilsby, Sean Maguire, Kai Nugent and Corey Whelan.

Loan players returning to their parent club: Terry Ablade, Jokull Andresson, Fin Back, Jack Diamond and Josh Kayode.

Looks like your stuck with all your* selections..

At least you have a “team”… we’re playing f0ok1n 5 a side as it stands 😂

He’s made it clear to a few that if the new players he’s bringing in work out, they will be surplus to requirements and they may prefer to look elsewhere - or they can come back in June and fight for their spot. He’s not saying who they are though.

Furious

Keith

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)