+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Play offs

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I couldn't care less , I'm off to the Olympic Legacy Stadium to watch Sheffield Eagles v Wakefield Trinity on Friday night .

What ever happens , happens .

Really couldn't give a chuff which way it goes .

Bart sez it all mate. A reckon there's a few feeling like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Bart sez it all mate. A reckon there's a few feeling like that.
    The really sad part is that if we were to win the first leg say 4-0 it still wouldn't make any difference to me .

I think I'm at the end of this lifetime relationship with this club now , I found something else which I'm enjoying immensely .

I honestly believe that's it , there's nothing left .

Looks like we’re only getting the minimum allocation again for the first leg at yours which surely is a bit silly if your owners are business people. Why have empty seats when we have supporters who wish to buy them? What it has done is meant we’ve reciprocated by giving you a small amount too for the home leg so only seats in the upper tier of the South Stand (Away stand) whilst we’ll issue seats to our own as we did for the Portsmouth game, which proved really successful crowd wise. I can’t understand your apathy personally, the season starts now, forget what’s gone before, get behind your team and give them the support they need. We’re even more hacked off than you literally throwing away our automatic chances so badly over the final months but we’re well up for it. ��

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    Looks like we’re only getting the minimum allocation again for the first leg at yours which surely is a bit silly if your owners are business people. Why have empty seats when we have supporters who wish to buy them? What it has done is meant we’ve reciprocated by giving you a small amount too for the home leg so only seats in the upper tier of the South Stand (Away stand) whilst we’ll issue seats to our own as we did for the Portsmouth game, which proved really successful crowd wise. I can’t understand your apathy personally, the season starts now, forget what’s gone before, get behind your team and give them the support they need. We’re even more hacked off than you literally throwing away our automatic chances so badly over the final months but we’re well up for it. ��
    It's nowt to do with results Whites , your barking up the wrong tree , we've seen the lot at Oakwell , bottom of the old fourth division to the Premier League , FA Cup defeats to Marine and Altrincham and victories over Spurs , Man Utd , Liverpool and Chelsea and an FA Cup semi final , crowds of 1500 and 33k .

It's the way the club is and the way football's gone and this season has sucked the last bit of life out of many us .

The owners are clowns , total clowns .

It's one drama after another , feck up after feck up .

You think finally they've woken up only then to completely feck up again , time and time again and in the end something gives .

If it was results Whites none of us would have lasted this long .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The really sad part is that if we were to win the first leg say 4-0 it still wouldn't make any difference to me .

I think I'm at the end of this lifetime relationship with this club now , I found something else which I'm enjoying immensely .

I honestly believe that's it , there's nothing left .
    Sad to hear Animal. Thaz watched this club for over 50 years (educated guess), cared passionately about it, followed it up and darn the country through thick and thin. I'll always remember your story of how our run to the FA cup semis played a major part towards your recovery from mental health. That's priceless. The tragedy is that you feel that it's gone from you and I understand and relate to what you're saying.

The people running this circus just don't get it and never will.

The flame inside me will always burn Red but with the clubs current ethos, well I just can't relate to them like I used to and the flame inside me just feels like its on its way out unfortunately.

I went to Burton with our kid the other week, gorruz match tickets, went darn on train. However, we ended up stopping in the boozer rather than go to the match. He wanted to go but I just didn't feel the urge. I wasn't interested and am just not feeling it like I used to. If you'd have said that to me 20 years ago I'd have been horrified by such a thought. This is the way its gone though. My love for the game is waning. The way this club is being run is not with the same moral ethics, principles and ambitions that I loved years ago under John Dennis' tenure. It's feckin miles away. Arseoyles.

The ticket allocation may have something to do with the last season when Bolton reduced our allocation and charged our fans top dollar but it doesn"t matter as you are at home the second leg and more of your fans will be able to enjoy the occasion , but please do not come on here with patronising comments just enjoy the fact that you will never get a better time to play us .
    Last edited by Shadrack the Red; 29-04-2024 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    The ticket allocation may have something to do with the last season when Bolton reduced our allocation and charged our fans top dollar but it doesn"t matter as you are at home the second leg and more of your fans will be able to enjoy the occasion , but please do not come on here with patronising comments just enjoy the fact that you will never get a better time to play us .

Shadrack I had no intention of making patronising comments, my sincere apology if it came across that way. As a very long time supporter myself who has also been through the ups and downs and wore the proverbial tee shirt I can empathise with the views expressed previously and whilst I’ve also questioned my love of the game as it is today I still would be lost without it. Let’s be honest, it’s all about the money for owners these days, possibly because it has to be in today’s climate. We’re averaging gates over 21k this season but still losing money so what chance do clubs below our level have. You’ve done well on transfers in recent years to keep the club afloat, we have spent rather than earned on players starting from the very low base of 4 years ago when our despicable previous owner nearly finished us but hopefully we’re on the way back now. Clubs have turns in fortune and possibly either you or us will this year so whatever happens in the next week let’s hope whichever of us wins makes it all the way then next season can take care of itself.

Shadrack I had no intention of making patronising comments, my sincere apology if it came across that way. As a very long time supporter myself who has also been through the ups and downs and wore the proverbial tee shirt I can empathise with the views expressed previously and whilst I’ve also questioned my love of the game as it is today I still would be lost without it. Let’s be honest, it’s all about the money for owners these days, possibly because it has to be in today’s climate. We’re averaging gates over 21k this season but still losing money so what chance do clubs below our level have. You’ve done well on transfers in recent years to keep the club afloat, we have spent rather than earned on players starting from the very low base of 4 years ago when our despicable previous owner nearly finished us but hopefully we’re on the way back now. Clubs have turns in fortune and possibly either you or us will this year so whatever happens in the next week let’s hope whichever of us wins makes it all the way then next season can take care of itself.
    I am sorry if I came across offensive but Barnsley fans are not fools, we are well aware of the problems at our club both on and off the pitch , we have limped over the line for the play offs with what can only be described as relegation form, we have numerous examples of our inept owners making us a laughing stock this season , for example our exit from the FA Cup and obviously the recent sacking of our manger with one game to go and no replacement in place , therefore enthusiasm from the faithful is at its lowest so when we comments about getting behind the team etc etc from opposition fans it starts to grate even more, as I said previously your club and fans must be chomping at the bit at the thought of playing us because at the moment we are a soft touch and the passage to wembley for you is yours on a plate , deep down we all no this & trust me I am a happy clapper & although I will always be there on match day getting behind the lads but currently a trip to the dentists is more appealing than watching Bolton turn us over this Friday , my only hope is that we are not totally embarrassed on national tv but I and many more fear the worst.

I must admit I’m feeling the complete opposite for the playoffs to how I felt last season. Last season I couldn’t wait for them to get started and thought that if we got past Bolton, we could beat either Peterborough or Wednesday.

We had better players, better coaches and the feeling around the club in general was so much better last season.

I’m sure once Thursday rolls around I’ll be looking forward to it again. Given our home form, this season and especially recently, I just hope we can stay in the tie going to Tough Sheet to at least make a fist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I am sorry if I came across offensive but Barnsley fans are not fools, we are well aware of the problems at our club both on and off the pitch , we have limped over the line for the play offs with what can only be described as relegation form, we have numerous examples of our inept owners making us a laughing stock this season , for example our exit from the FA Cup and obviously the recent sacking of our manger with one game to go and no replacement in place , therefore enthusiasm from the faithful is at its lowest so when we comments about getting behind the team etc etc from opposition fans it starts to grate even more, as I said previously your club and fans must be chomping at the bit at the thought of playing us because at the moment we are a soft touch and the passage to wembley for you is yours on a plate , deep down we all no this & trust me I am a happy clapper & although I will always be there on match day getting behind the lads but currently a trip to the dentists is more appealing than watching Bolton turn us over this Friday , my only hope is that we are not totally embarrassed on national tv but I and many more fear the worst.

Shad, I think as loyal fans we know well the problems our clubs face and once again I apologise if you thought I was patronising you, it certainly was not my intention. I take your point about your current form but to be fair although we’ve scrambled enough points we’re not unlike you regarding recent form. In January we were sitting pretty 2 points behind Pompey and 3 winnable games in hand but our form since then would see us in the bottom half and we’ve lost and drawn games we never should have. Thankfully like yourselves we now have a second chance to put things right. My point was that the seasons finished now and it’s basically a cup competition and whilst you may not have been playing well recently, like us you still have a squad that on its day has proved it can match anyone. For us it’s the unpredictability as we never know which side will turn up, the one that surrendered weakly in the first half at Oakwell recently or the one that came out second half and all but blew you away? So there’s no certainty in our camp, we know it will be two tough games but all I’ll say is that if we don’t make it I’ll be rooting for you Tykes in the final. May the best team win?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast