+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Play offs

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    Shad, I think as loyal fans we know well the problems our clubs face and once again I apologise if you thought I was patronising you, it certainly was not my intention. I take your point about your current form but to be fair although we’ve scrambled enough points we’re not unlike you regarding recent form. In January we were sitting pretty 2 points behind Pompey and 3 winnable games in hand but our form since then would see us in the bottom half and we’ve lost and drawn games we never should have. Thankfully like yourselves we now have a second chance to put things right. My point was that the seasons finished now and it’s basically a cup competition and whilst you may not have been playing well recently, like us you still have a squad that on its day has proved it can match anyone. For us it’s the unpredictability as we never know which side will turn up, the one that surrendered weakly in the first half at Oakwell recently or the one that came out second half and all but blew you away? So there’s no certainty in our camp, we know it will be two tough games but all I’ll say is that if we don’t make it I’ll be rooting for you Tykes in the final. May the best team win?
    Top man BW. Same to you mi owd

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I couldn't care less , I'm off to the Olympic Legacy Stadium to watch Sheffield Eagles v Wakefield Trinity on Friday night .

What ever happens , happens .

Really couldn't give a chuff which way it goes .

Right Supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's nowt to do with results Whites , your barking up the wrong tree , we've seen the lot at Oakwell , bottom of the old fourth division to the Premier League , FA Cup defeats to Marine and Altrincham and victories over Spurs , Man Utd , Liverpool and Chelsea and an FA Cup semi final , crowds of 1500 and 33k .

It's the way the club is and the way football's gone and this season has sucked the last bit of life out of many us .

The owners are clowns , total clowns .

It's one drama after another , feck up after feck up .

You think finally they've woken up only then to completely feck up again , time and time again and in the end something gives .

If it was results Whites none of us would have lasted this long .
    That's it in a nutshell Animal.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Right Supporter.

On here for thi usual cheap shot a see

Well said Barnsley whites
    Your lot will be hell bent on revenge for last season’s playoff and tb honest you’ll get it
    We’re in disarray now, ambling into playoffs, a rudderless ship with a defence that would give a watching Buddhist monk palpitations
    It’s a cup tie that being said
    A penalty awarded with a sending off could occur and it is in the melting pot
    To answer your post pass I feel pessimistic and resigned to our fate
    This could just prolong our agony
    I really hope I’m wrong and the football gods are with us

If we didnt care. We wouldnt be on here……
    I’ve booked parking at Wembley. (Grand Avenue again). Cancellable…..
    If we had hit the automatic places then we would have all been happy.
    But we werent good enough. Its been dire.
    I’ve suffered some crap, they owe us.
    I want us to win.
    What happens after that is up to the board. If we get an arsoyling every week, we do.
    Cant be any worse than this seasons tripe.
    And you never know. …….
    Bypassing the dog botherers, I will take what comes…..

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    On here for thi usual cheap shot a see.
    Yeah that's all he ever does, pathetic really!. 💩

I'm sick of our owners and the way they run the club (and the way that they and some fans think they are running it!), but sadly, we are stuck with them!. 👎
    Beyond these Play offs, it's all about next season now for me. Because as much as I want to try and be positive and up for this, I can't be, for various reasons. 🙁

Now the Pass as much as I want the Reds to get to Wembley an beyond ( once a red always a red ) I just can’t see it myself as the wheels seem to be have truly come off. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail and that’s where we are manager-less going into two massive games.

I we fail would it be a bad thing, I don’t think so, I’m just watching Ipswich for the 2nd time in five days and I just can’t see how these owners could prepare us for the Championship other than making us the whipping boys of the division.

I have actually like many others “ judged them by their actions “ which are nothing short of appalling.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 30-04-2024 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Extra line

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Now the Pass as much as I want the Reds to get to Wembley an beyond ( once a red always a red ) I just can’t see it myself as the wheels seem to be have truly come off. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail and that’s where we are manager-less going into two massive games.

I we fail would it be a bad thing, I don’t think so, I’m just watching Ipswich for the 2nd time in five days and I just can’t see how these owners could prepare us for the Championship other than making us the whipping boys of the division.

I have actually like many others “ judged them by their actions “ which are nothing short of appalling.

I totally agree with all that Poggs

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast