My interest in the club was practically extinguished once this consortium took over. They came for money and thats all. What transpired since their arrival has been well documented and we still await the penalty for their most recent feck up. How can you get enthused when your lifelong club are so badly run and are persistently on a treadmill going nowhere. Every summer is like groundhog day, manager and best players out, untested manager and cheap hopeful recruits in.

The fact they reached the play offs twice is commendable but if you cant get automatics out of a league as poor as this one this season its nothing to be overly cheerful about really.

Promotion should it arrive will be followed by a season of arseoylings in the championship so its difficult to get enthused. The prize at the end of the road is a poison chalice, the entertainment value is virtually nil each match day and there is no obvious hope or sign of anything changing. There are times when i turn iplayer off its so poor to watch and Im so grateful I havent paid for tickets to sit there and watch it live in the ground.

I didnt expect so many to share my feelings at this juncture but youre right Pass, the hope and excitement its a flat as a fart, fail in the playoffs and we step on the treadmill again with a season of dire football delivered with another intake of hopeful signings, or get promoted and wait for the inevitable.

Whats the point anymore?