+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Play offs

Will be on a flight from Hong Kong to Manchester so local time for kick off 2-30 in the morning so hoping the internet is working and can watch the game.

Am sure the suits will have offered huge bonus payments to the players and coaching staff for achieving promotion back to the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

As for this thing about shares.
    That issue is about the new owners taking control of the club.
    Why are you against this ???
    Are you one of these supporters that has already forgotten the Conway Season - as well as all the players we know now that he forced out of the door.
    If you have forgotten - then I can remind you.
    Or are you sorry Conway lost control of the club - and wish he was back ???
    You are wrong yet again Nudge.

The Share Rights Issues over the last two years are for those who already have shares in the club. They are entitled to take up their Rights to the share offer in proportion to the shares they already own. It's why Lee and Conway have bought well over £2million pounds worth of shares in the club in recent months, knowing full well they will get it back when they sell up.

As for Conway I had his number well before the Consortium took over in December 2017 after looking at his dealings at OGC Nice before he came. I did warn he was a wrong 'un while you were wetting yourself on BBS about the wealth Lee and Conway were about to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    You are wrong yet again Nudge.

The Share Rights Issues over the last two years are for those who already have shares in the club. They are entitled to take up their Rights to the share offer in proportion to the shares they already own. It's why Lee and Conway have bought well over £2million pounds worth of shares in the club in recent months, knowing full well they will get it back when they sell up.

As for Conway I had his number well before the Consortium took over in December 2017 after looking at his dealings at OGC Nice before he came. I did warn he was a wrong 'un while you were wetting yourself on BBS about the wealth Lee and Conway were about to bring.
    So then - Neerav / JAQ / Crynes haven’t put a penny in.

So then - Neerav / JAQ / Crynes haven’t put a penny in.
    They took up their entitlement in the Rights Issues, just as Lee and Conway did. They too are entitled to money back if/ when they sell their shares.

( The so called JAQ investment is based on the Rights of Jamakepe Investments, a New York Hedge Fund, owned by JAQ's husband Matthew Edmonds, part of the original "Investor Group" who made Conway their representative. )
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-05-2024 at 08:00 AM.

They took up their entitlement in the Rights Issues, just as Lee and Conway did. They too are entitled to money back if/ when they sell their shares.

( The so called JAQ investment is based on the Rights of Jamakepe Investments, a New York Hedge Fund, owned by JAQ's husband Matthew Edmonds, part of the original "Investor Group" who made Conway their representative. )
    So everyone still owns the percentage shares they did when Chien Lee first acquired the club from Patrick Cryne ???

Not confident for tonight but starting to feel nervous and excited now.

Hopefully the fans in the ground can put the negativity to one side and make the atmosphere like it should be in a playoff game.

So everyone still owns the percentage shares they did when Chien Lee first acquired the club from Patrick Cryne ???
    Going back over six years Billy Beane (remember him ?) originally held 10% of the shares and the Investor Group held 20%. The Investor Group legged it when it became apparent there was no easy money to be made, as promised by Conway, leaving just Jamakepe Investments.

i'm talking about the last two years where some claim Parekh has poured millions of his own money into the club, never to see it again. He hasn't. All he has done is to take up his entitlement in the Share Rights Issues, as have Lee and Conway. Money back when he sells the shares to the next owner.

Can’t believe the seeming lack of interest on here from you guys. I know you’re a bit grassed off with things in general but this is a semi final and you’re two games from Wembley. Other than Pines I dont think you’ve any doubts for tonight whilst we pretty much have the strongest squad we’ve had all season, injured players back and all niggles fixed so I’d expect a full blooded performance from both teams. Given your travails I have to see Wanderers as favourites but you just never know in games like this so all we can hope for is a good game with no interference from poor officials. It’s certainly a lovely night for it anyway so let’s hope the players don’t spoil it? ;-))

Going back over six years Billy Beane (remember him ?) originally held 10% of the shares and the Investor Group held 20%. The Investor Group legged it when it became apparent there was no easy money to be made, as promised by Conway, leaving just Jamakepe Investments.

i'm talking about the last two years where some claim Parekh has poured millions of his own money into the club, never to see it again. He hasn't. All he has done is to take up his entitlement in the Share Rights Issues, as have Lee and Conway. Money back when he sells the shares to the next owner.
    So Neerav hasn’t increased his stake in the club then ???

Same team as last Satdi.
    So can imagine it’s the same tactics.
    Which doesn’t bode well.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast