+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Play offs

To be fair Dingle, I thought you were robbed last year with some of the decisions and that late, late goal was just a killer but sadly football is often decided on fine margins.

Doesn’t look like you’ll have a new man in charge beforehand then and I’m not even sure it would be a benefit anyway at this late stage trying to get players into new habits in such a short space of time. Probably best to leave it to the current coaches who at least know the players and what they can do?

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Cheap shot WHF, Unlike you I call it what it is but you don't have the guts to say it, I have supported Barnsley Football Club for more years than you were born, and actually, in 1970 I signed on for this great club in 1970 as an amateur and have put on the red shirt of Barnsley Football Club and played at venues such as Blundle Park, Bloomfield Road and The Shay to name but 3 not in the 1st team of course but in the intermediates so don't come telling me I'm taking a cheap shot. I'll be at Oakwell when we play Bolton and not at some S*** oil like Sheffield or Wakefield whatching them throw a egg around the field.
    Hope you enjoy your evening on Friday Colliers and I'll enjoy mine .

Barnsley Chronicle Reporting:

Austrian coach Dominik Thalhammer has confirmed that his move to Barnsley last week fell down due to a work permit issue.

Martin Devaney took charge of Barnsley's final league game against Northampton Town last Saturday, following Neill Collins' sacking the previous Monday. Devaney is expected to take charge of Friday evening's play-off first leg at home to Bolton.

Reports have claimed that Austrian Thalhammer travelled to the UK last week to take over from Collins immediately but was denied a work permit.
    Since the UK left the EU, coaches and players coming to Britain must hit certain criteria to obtain a visa.
    The Reds are thought to have believed Thalhammer met the requirements but eventually had to cancel the deal.

German-speaking outlets have quoted him today saying: “The English want to push their own people, so coaches from abroad have to provide 36 months as head coach in the relevant leagues as proof of work.
    "This is disappointing because it would have been an exciting project that would have interested me very much. The contracts were signed.”
    He confirmed he would not be joining the club and called the situation a 'disaster.'

Comedy Gold if only it was funny.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 01-05-2024 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Extra line

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Cheap shot WHF, Unlike you I call it what it is but you don't have the guts to say it, I have supported Barnsley Football Club for more years than you were born, and actually, in 1970 I signed on for this great club in 1970 as an amateur and have put on the red shirt of Barnsley Football Club and played at venues such as Blundle Park, Bloomfield Road and The Shay to name but 3 not in the 1st team of course but in the intermediates so don't come telling me I'm taking a cheap shot. I'll be at Oakwell when we play Bolton and not at some S*** oil like Sheffield or Wakefield whatching them throw a egg around the field.
    Your post appears to suggest that playing for the club somehow makes you more involved with the club than the fans, and consequently attempts to denigrate fans who aren't interested in Friday night's match. At the end of the day, the fans can do as they please and will vote with their feet, as many appear to be doing, some of whom are long term fans. Yes, I'd call it a cheap shot on your part Colliers.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post

Austrian coach Dominik Thalhammer has confirmed that his move to Barnsley last week fell down due to a work permit issue.

Martin Devaney took charge of Barnsley's final league game against Northampton Town last Saturday, following Neill Collins' sacking the previous Monday. Devaney is expected to take charge of Friday evening's play-off first leg at home to Bolton.

Reports have claimed that Austrian Thalhammer travelled to the UK last week to take over from Collins immediately but was denied a work permit.
    Since the UK left the EU, coaches and players coming to Britain must hit certain criteria to obtain a visa.
    The Reds are thought to have believed Thalhammer met the requirements but eventually had to cancel the deal.

German-speaking outlets have quoted him today saying: “The English want to push their own people, so coaches from abroad have to provide 36 months as head coach in the relevant leagues as proof of work.
    "This is disappointing because it would have been an exciting project that would have interested me very much. The contracts were signed.”
    He confirmed he would not be joining the club and called the situation a 'disaster.'

Another complete feck up from the clowns in the boardroom , notice how quiet it's all gone on Grove Street since sacking Collins .

From what I hear they'll be lucky to break 10k on Friday night .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Another complete feck up from the clowns in the boardroom , notice how quiet it's all gone on Grove Street since sacking Collins .

From what I hear they'll be lucky to break 10k on Friday night .
    I looked at ticket availability this afternoon just out of interest. This was prompted by the p&m thread about apathy.

I know there’s 48 hours to go before ko but the sales look woeful at this stage.

Maybe apathy is contagious.

Surprise surprise. Not.

Yet another embarrassing feck up.

It's wun o them int it weer tha just ez to chuckle to thissen whilst shekkin thi eeard.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I looked at ticket availability this afternoon just out of interest. This was prompted by the p&m thread about apathy.

I know there’s 48 hours to go before ko but the sales look woeful at this stage.

Maybe apathy is contagious.
    Oh dear. An important play off game and a woeful attendance in the offing for Friday night. Owners, need the fans say any more?

It's another shocker if this is true. Totally embarrassing. I wouldn't have kept Collins on after the playoffs because he's just not been good enough this season. However, to sack him with one game to go in what appears to be the hope that a new manager can get a bounce, smacks of desperation to get promoted. Let's see what happens when we fall to win the playoffs and we're stuck in this division next season. We haven't got long to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    It's another shocker if this is true. Totally embarrassing. I wouldn't have kept Collins on after the playoffs because he's just not been good enough this season. However, to sack him with one game to go in what appears to be the hope that a new manager can get a bounce, smacks of desperation to get promoted. Let's see what happens when we fall to win the playoffs and we're stuck in this division next season. We haven't got long to wait.

I fear the worst Arbs. We thought this seasons recruitment was scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast