+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Retained List

We had a few words with JOB before the FGR game and I asked if he would be at Notts next season?
    Jim replied that " he didn't know, but a hat trick today might help !"
    Reading into that might suggest he wanted to stay and the decision was made elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    We had a few words with JOB before the FGR game and I asked if he would be at Notts next season?
    Jim replied that " he didn't know, but a hat trick today might help !"
    Reading into that might suggest he wanted to stay and the decision was made elsewhere?
    I think he already knew and was playing the game. Him waving to the entire ground against Colchester and his Instagram posts were telling

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    A N Other

Macari. A N Other. A N Other. Cameron/ A N Other

Nemane. Jones

Robertson. Palmer. A N Other

Crowley

Macca

Subs:- Jatta, Didzy, Scott, Baj and A N Other ???
    Can't see the Owners paying 120k for a Striker to sit on the bench tbh.
    Don't think we will get away with 11 outfield players

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    I meant more from supporters. I get the club doing it. As you say, looks good. Makes the club seem less mercenary, but players aren’t daft. Surely you play for a club…until you don’t.
    I would guess a large amount on Twitter are younger fans so to them they will connect to these players as they may have been the only ones they have seen do something good.

They also gave them a trip to Wembley and winning helps that is a great buzz/feeling if you havent seen your team do anything of note.

I have no problem really they did the job and best we can do is wish them all well for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    A N Other

Macari. A N Other. A N Other. Cameron/ A N Other

Nemane. Jones

Robertson. Palmer. A N Other

Crowley

Macca

Subs:- Jatta, Didzy, Scott, Baj and A N Other ???
    Only 5 subs? We're back in the EFL now, it's 7 🤣

Always a sad time at this time of year. Jimbo has been a good servant, always gave his all, but legend is branded about too much.

I'd also have liked to see Baldwin retained and Cameron told to find a new club! Yes he makes the odd blooper but overall a good player at this level, whereas I feel Cameron isn't.

Bostock should also have been given a 1 year deal, played out of position this year with Palmers injury. Would have been a good squad player and he's a tremendous person and inspiration for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Can't see the Owners paying 120k for a Striker to sit on the bench tbh.
    Don't think we will get away with 11 outfield players
    I'd go with

NEW GK

Macari, NEW CB, NEW CB, Cameron

Palmer, Robbo

Nemane, Crowley, Jones

Macca

The only issue with that system is there's no place for Jatta, unless we play Macca wide right instead of Nemane and put Jatta up top.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'd go with

NEW GK

Macari, NEW CB, NEW CB, Cameron

Palmer, Robbo

Nemane, Crowley, Jones

Macca

The only issue with that system is there's no place for Jatta, unless we play Macca wide right instead of Nemane and put Jatta up top.
    Or we don't hammer them into the ground and rotate them keeping everyone fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Exactly this.

Lots of players form dipped at a time we couldn’t rotate as players picked up niggles. Players like Didzy should be playing 50-60% of game time. Macca 80%. Jones and Nemane need genuine cover/competition as they are playing a pivotal role but one that requires the most running in our current setup.
    It will be interesting to see what areas we do recruit in and whether we have a bigger squad to cope with the rigours of EFL footy

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast