+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine for a moment…

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Great words. There’ll undoubtedly be some morons who will sneer at his faith and openness surrounding it, but it is refreshing to see him as open with it.

I remember seeing the highlights the evening of the play off final and when Scott scores, everyone rightly goes wild, but Bostock is next seen just finishing a prayer in the centre circle. That was beautiful to see.
    Amen to that (no pun intended). JB always came across as a thoroughly decent guy and I’m sure all Notts fans wish him nothing but the best going forwards. Unfortunately, it was his increasing inability to actually go forwards on the football pitch that became a major problem for us this season and the reason it’s no surprise that he’s not been offered a new contract. I really hope he finds a new club soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Amen to that (no pun intended). JB always came across as a thoroughly decent guy and I’m sure all Notts fans wish him nothing but the best going forwards. Unfortunately, it was his increasing inability to actually go forwards on the football pitch that became a major problem for us this season and the reason it’s no surprise that he’s not been offered a new contract. I really hope he finds a new club soon.
    Jodi Jones has made his appreciation of the influence of JB on his play abundantly clear in his response on X. Here is the link to the Official NCFC X page which also includes JOBs farewell and no doubt likely to be more to come:

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC

Imagine if he missed his Panenka and Scott also missed.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Imagine if he missed his Panenka and Scott also missed.
    I refuse to imagine this.

We would still have won - no way was Fitzsimons going to save a penalty on that day

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I refuse to imagine this.
    I disagree. Durham Pie should be made to imagine this. He will then get a sense of perspective and stop moaning about every second player that walks through the door.

[QUOTE=LeftPeg_Pie;40497524]That Bostock’s panenka went in at Wembley.

It was very nearly a fantastic penalty!
    Anyway, since our collective nerves were only 97% shredded, we needed a bit of extra stress.

Very best wishes JB; farewell and thanks for many exemplary performances.

Having followed this lot since the days of Brown, Brindley, Worthington, last season and particularly the last two games, will live long in the memory for the emotions on show. From LW running after Jones on the the pitch after his last minute winner, to JB's late equaliser at Wembley; for that alone he will probably live long in the memories of all Notts fans.

Next time you're in Brizzy JB I'll shout you a beer or two. Might even get the hillbilly QP to come down on his horse and cart.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    I’ve never seen a Notts player do what he did that afternoon at Wembley. After the chaos of the opening 10, he basically took the game and decided he’d run it. I vividly remember one ball he played out to Cameron. Dropped from a height and on the side volley, whizzed it out to him, didn’t have to break stride.

And, seeing him turn to Palmer at that free kick and say ‘I’m going to shoot’… the stones on him. We may not have created another chance after that.
    100%. He tailed off this season after LW left, but I'll always love him for what he did for us that day. One of the best performances I've seen from a Notts midfielder - head and shoulder above everyone else. He stepped up when we needed him most. Also, he comes across as a lovely guy who always makes the time to chat with fans.

Thanks JB, genuine statement from a thoroughly guy and gifted,thoroughbred footballer.
    Best wishes for the future.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast