+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine for a moment…

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Imagine for a moment…

That Bostock’s panenka went in at Wembley.

Ran the show. Scored and outstanding goal from the free kick.

Just imagine…

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    That Bostock’s panenka went in at Wembley.

Ran the show. Scored and outstanding goal from the free kick.

Just imagine…
    Imagine what? Would have been nice for all that to happen for him (the pratenka was pure ego though and not worth the risk in the situation, IMO). A division higher this season and he struggled with the pace of things. Not glad to see him go but certainly not sorry that a wage/position has been freed.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Imagine what? Would have been nice for all that to happen for him (the pratenka was pure ego though and not worth the risk in the situation, IMO). A division higher this season and he struggled with the pace of things. Not glad to see him go but certainly not sorry that a wage/position has been freed.
    He was being an arrogant prat for doing that. He put unnecessary pressure on Scott to score the last pen.. I'm glad he has gone, we dont need those egotistical at the club..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He was being an arrogant prat for doing that. He put unnecessary pressure on Scott to score the last pen.. I'm glad he has gone, we dont need those egotistical at the club..
    I have to disagree with you and in my view your post shows a complete lack of class to a player who virtually ran the play-off final and has posted such a warm farewell to the club and its supporters. Other players, Jodi and Crowley in particular benefitted from his presence and whilst it is right that he leaves now he does not deserve you vindictive comments.
    Last edited by Old_pie; 30-04-2024 at 06:34 PM. Reason: ran not than

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I have to disagree with you and in my view your post shows a complete lack of class to a player who virtually ran the play-off final and has posted such a warm farewell to the club and its supporters. Other players, Jodi and Crowley in particular benefitted from his presence and whilst it is right that he leaves now he does not deserve you vindictive comments.
    if Scott's penalty was saved, and we were still in the NL, what would your thoughts of him then be?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    if Scott's penalty was saved, and we were still in the NL, what would your thoughts of him then be?
    We wouldn’t have got to penalties if it wasn’t for him, he got the game by the scruff of the neck when others were falling to bits.
    Arrogant prick? You don’t half let yourself down Durham sometimes. Have you read what JJ said about him, he was an extremely positive and a well liked influence in the dressing room.
    As for the penalty he’d done it several times before, keeper went the wrong way, he just missed the target, was Harry Kane an arrogant prick when he blazed it over against France?
    Also we’re you saying he was an arrogant prick when he tried something on that free kick that no one else would have had the balls to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Completely agree, calling John Bostock an "arrogant prat" is about as far away from the truth as you can get. His penalty at Wembley was pre-planned, the club said as much and he had practised it many times in training. The coaching team noted that Fitzsimons went one way or the other, so it was a sound plan which was inches away from being executed perfectly. There was no arrogance at all, it made sense for anyone brave enough to take it on. When it hit the bar I must admit thinking "here we go again, typical Notts", but it all worked out brilliantly because Cedwyn exorcised the ghost of Wrexham. How anyone can bring up negatives from that day is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Completely agree
    I think that is the second time in the past 12 months you've agreed with me. Maybe in our old age we might actually find we would get on at least for the time it takes to drink a pint without arguing !! COYP

Completely agree, calling John Bostock an "arrogant prat" is about as far away from the truth as you can get. His penalty at Wembley was pre-planned, the club said as much and he had practised it many times in training. The coaching team noted that Fitzsimons went one way or the other, so it was a sound plan which was inches away from being executed perfectly. There was no arrogance at all, it made sense for anyone brave enough to take it on. When it hit the bar I must admit thinking "here we go again, typical Notts", but it all worked out brilliantly because Cedwyn exorcised the ghost of Wrexham. How anyone can bring up negatives from that day is beyond me.
    Amen

I bet you didnt think that at the time..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast