+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine for a moment…

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    As for Scott, your favourite player, I seem to remember him missing a penalty which may have helped us win the league.
    He didnt miss it, It was saved..

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    We wouldn’t have got to penalties if it wasn’t for him, he got the game by the scruff of the neck when others were falling to bits.
    Arrogant prick? You don’t half let yourself down Durham sometimes. Have you read what JJ said about him, he was an extremely positive and a well liked influence in the dressing room.
    As for the penalty he’d done it several times before, keeper went the wrong way, he just missed the target, was Harry Kane an arrogant prick when he blazed it over against France?
    Also we’re you saying he was an arrogant prick when he tried something on that free kick that no one else would have had the balls to do?
    It was a reckless thing to do with so much at stake..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    It was a reckless thing to do with so much at stake..
    No it wasn't, we were two penalties up, had he taken a "normal" pen and missed or saved, what would you have said then?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I have to disagree with you and in my view your post shows a complete lack of class to a player who virtually ran the play-off final and has posted such a warm farewell to the club and its supporters. Other players, Jodi and Crowley in particular benefitted from his presence and whilst it is right that he leaves now he does not deserve you vindictive comments.
    Completely agree, calling John Bostock an "arrogant prat" is about as far away from the truth as you can get. His penalty at Wembley was pre-planned, the club said as much and he had practised it many times in training. The coaching team noted that Fitzsimons went one way or the other, so it was a sound plan which was inches away from being executed perfectly. There was no arrogance at all, it made sense for anyone brave enough to take it on. When it hit the bar I must admit thinking "here we go again, typical Notts", but it all worked out brilliantly because Cedwyn exorcised the ghost of Wrexham. How anyone can bring up negatives from that day is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Completely agree
    I think that is the second time in the past 12 months you've agreed with me. Maybe in our old age we might actually find we would get on at least for the time it takes to drink a pint without arguing !! COYP

Completely agree, calling John Bostock an "arrogant prat" is about as far away from the truth as you can get. His penalty at Wembley was pre-planned, the club said as much and he had practised it many times in training. The coaching team noted that Fitzsimons went one way or the other, so it was a sound plan which was inches away from being executed perfectly. There was no arrogance at all, it made sense for anyone brave enough to take it on. When it hit the bar I must admit thinking "here we go again, typical Notts", but it all worked out brilliantly because Cedwyn exorcised the ghost of Wrexham. How anyone can bring up negatives from that day is beyond me.
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    No it wasn't, we were two penalties up, had he taken a "normal" pen and missed or saved, what would you have said then?
    Yes, but they scored the next one which meant that we had to score the next to go through..

I bet you didnt think that at the time..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I bet you didnt think that at the time..
    Did you read my post? I clearly said "When it hit the bar I must admit thinking "here we go again, typical Notts". That day was one of the most stressful I've had, I went through every emotion big time. But the final emotion was pure joy, and that's how I will always remember it.

If you want to search for negatives that's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I think that is the second time in the past 12 months you've agreed with me. Maybe in our old age we might actually find we would get on at least for the time it takes to drink a pint without arguing !! COYP
    I thought we'd always got on!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast