+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Those released. Where will they land?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Attitude aside just simply watch the very extensive list of howlers Baldwin committed this season to see why he was not offered a new contract. That is all there is to it. He's not good enough. In my 38 years of supporting Notts I cannot remember a defender making so many horrible mistakes that lead to goals in one season. If we just get a head it kick it strong centre back in to replace in ( which we obviously won't) we are 10 points better off already.
    Or a midfielder to come collect the ball off the defenders? I noticed towards the end of the season, Crowley was doing that job and we made less mistakes. I'd have immediately put Crowley in Palmer's role as soon as Palmer was injured, may have helped Bostock somewhat as well

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Or a midfielder to come collect the ball off the defenders? I noticed towards the end of the season, Crowley was doing that job and we made less mistakes. I'd have immediately put Crowley in Palmer's role as soon as Palmer was injured, may have helped Bostock somewhat as well
    Talking about Palmer, not heard much, will he be back ?

Baldwin and Bostock to Grimsby FACT , just messaged my fishy supporting grandson that to wind him up...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post

Baldwin and Bostock to Grimsby FACT , just messaged my fishy supporting grandson that to wind him up...
    The club posted a video of him running and training a week or two ago, so he's well on the way. Hoping he'll be fit for the start in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post

Palmer is expected to be on the grass training 2 weeks into the pre season, mentioned as the fans forum.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Palmer is expected to be on the grass training 2 weeks into the pre season, mentioned as the fans forum.
    So he will still be some way off before the start of the season. On the grass means fitness, not kicking the ball necessarily so probably looking at late September before he's playing and another few games until he's fully vack

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    So maybe he will be match fit around the end of August????
    Well if he's not kicking a ball 2 weeks into pre season, he is still some way off playing, I think it will be more October

Well if he's not kicking a ball 2 weeks into pre season, he is still some way off playing, I think it will be more October
    So pretty much 12 months out. Bloody hell.

SM said he's already kicking the ball, if I heard it correctly. The two weeks into pre-season was when he should be in full training.

You may well be right Balti. We will need someone to play the role. By that time we will have already had about 8 games and that is assuming no setbacks.
    A new recruit perhaps? We are already light in that department with the departures of JB & JoB.
    And talking of setbacks, we are not fully out of the woods yet with Cedwyn and we don’t know much about Baj either.

Quote Originally Posted by sinophile View Post
    SM said he's already kicking the ball, if I heard it correctly. The two weeks into pre-season was when he should be in full training.
    Ok, I read into that as he'd be running on the grass two weeks in. There was a video a while back where Bajrami and Scott were running on the grass and left Palmer in the gym on his own effectively so assumed by back on the grass they meant running rather than kicking

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast