+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donny play-off

Forgot about him!!

Well, disappointing but not surprising result, though the way we started I had hoped for better. If only Tracey could pick a final ball ..... Great save from Rio's header too, though the keeper playing at all was a joke. Even if we hadn't found a goal, and who knows if we'd stayed level, we could easily have been taking a 0-0 to their place, they never made a goal themselves apart from capitalizing on our 2 mistakes. After my hip replacement this was my first attendance in person, having missed the 0-3s, so I hoped to bring a change of home fortune: sorry guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Well, disappointing but not surprising result, though the way we started I had hoped for better. If only Tracey could pick a final ball ..... Great save from Rio's header too, though the keeper playing at all was a joke. Even if we hadn't found a goal, and who knows if we'd stayed level, we could easily have been taking a 0-0 to their place, they never made a goal themselves apart from capitalizing on our 2 mistakes. After my hip replacement this was my first attendance in person, having missed the 0-3s, so I hoped to bring a change of home fortune: sorry guys!
    Tracey’s final ball will hopefully have been played. He is a passenger.
    Not sure about the save being great. Looked pretty routine to me.

Was point blank from 6 yards.
    However, couldn't agree more about Tracey. Unfortunately for us the two breakaways fell to his feet. While he can run fast in any straight line you point him in, put the ball at his feet and he gets confused. On both occasions a calm and measured pass to Nevitt would have, perhaps, changed the outcome of the game.
    One other thing... Zac Williiams = MOTM????????. (and what does he wear on his feet? He's forever slipping at crucial moments!!)

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Was point blank from 6 yards.
    However, couldn't agree more about Tracey. Unfortunately for us the two breakaways fell to his feet. While he can run fast in any straight line you point him in, put the ball at his feet and he gets confused. On both occasions a calm and measured pass to Nevitt would have, perhaps, changed the outcome of the game.
    One other thing... Zac Williiams = MOTM????????. (and what does he wear on his feet? He's forever slipping at crucial moments!!)
    Fleet Solutions people who chose must REALLY like him.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Tracey’s final ball will hopefully have been played. He is a passenger.
    Not sure about the save being great. Looked pretty routine to me.
    I thought when I watched the highlights it looked far better than I'd felt live at the ground.

I was unable to attend the match so watched it on Sky. Have to say that once again another dreadful performance from our team. Completely unaware of what our tactics or system is supposed to be, but it is certainly not modern day football. From 20 minutes on the Sky commentators were politely saying what a poor team we were. Firstly questioning what our midfielders were supposed to be doing. Then at the start saying that our team had to change our system and show a lot more passion. If we did not it was going to be a long evenong for them. As the game was drawing to a close they said it had been an easy game for Doncaster. Personally I could not agree more. Re our managements performance and tactics I would award a generous 2/10. What the hell have they done to our team.

I am extremely worried about our team and club in general but I will hold back on any individual players performances until after the second leg.

Fairly low expectations on here, then!
    I'm not excited about today, I cannot see a miracle happening. My main, if any, thought about tonight is the hope the team don't get embarrassed or that Doncaster manage the game so well that the Alex don't really get a look in and the match becomes a damp squib.
    However a goal for the Alex in the first 15 minutes may make it interesting. I can't see us scoring 3 (barely even 2!) So if we do draw the tie, then I hope they've practising their penalties ( no repeat of Port Vale).
    For me though, this will be a non-event and a 2-0 loss.

How come Lewis Leigh is on the bench? I thought he had one more match to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    How come Lewis Leigh is on the bench? I thought he had one more match to miss.
    No last 3 league games and first playoff = 4.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast