+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillips

Phillips

Can't be arsed finding the other thread that relates to this ex-Leeds player;

https://www.footballinsider247.com/k...-say-west-ham/

"Desperate to play for Leeds"?????? So f00king desperate when he took the 30 pieces of silver and scuttled off to Schitty, having declared his love for LUFC? Made a complete ar5e of himself there, and compounded it with an implosion when Spam were foolish enough to accept his a a loanee

wouldn't cross the street to pi55 on him if he was on fire.

Go take your millions, buy a bar in Spain (or perhaps somewhere more upmarket), get fat and end up doing time like your dad. Never again at LUFC, we have enough sh1te to deal with without adding you to the pile.

A little harsh. I’m sure he was worked over my pep. That would be tough to resist.

The reality is that he’s not any better than Gruev or Kamara and not anywhere near what Gray is potential wise.

On a free he might be a great player. However given FFP restraints on us next year he’s way beyond our means. He would view the championship as way below his level

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    A little harsh. I’m sure he was worked over my pep. That would be tough to resist.

The reality is that he’s not any better than Gruev or Kamara and not anywhere near what Gray is potential wise.

On a free he might be a great player. However given FFP restraints on us next year he’s way beyond our means. He would view the championship as way below his level
    Nowhere near harsh enough, but I can't be arsed spending more time on that turncoat.

There would be a reason he was "on a free", because he's next to useless as a top flight player and would make Brolin look like a fit athlete.

The Championship "below" him? He'll be lucky to get a place in League 1. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Given that we’ve dipped our toes into FFP and the suchlike, Phillips is one of the few players to actually offset some of our financial failings and, given what was in place here and potentially on offer elsewhere when he left, I don’t have any problem with him.

It would be tricky for him to return for the kind of transfer fee expected though?!

Unless something has changed dramatically, does anyone else think he wouldn’t have got stuck in over the last few games had he been playing for us?

(Probably to the point of getting sent off, but that’s another story!)

Waste of space, end of.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Waste of space, end of.

I guess we‘ll have to agree to disagree.

(Not the first time, eh?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I guess we‘ll have to agree to disagree.

(Not the first time, eh?!)
    Most do!

Don’t think we could afford him.

He was a great player for us and for England and it was a shame what happened to him at City.

He needs to find a team/manager with tactics that suit him and play to his strengths but don’t expose his weaknesses.

Good luck to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Can't be arsed finding the other thread that relates to this ex-Leeds player;

https://www.footballinsider247.com/k...-say-west-ham/

"Desperate to play for Leeds"?????? So f00king desperate when he took the 30 pieces of silver and scuttled off to Schitty, having declared his love for LUFC? Made a complete ar5e of himself there, and compounded it with an implosion when Spam were foolish enough to accept his a a loanee

wouldn't cross the street to pi55 on him if he was on fire.

Go take your millions, buy a bar in Spain (or perhaps somewhere more upmarket), get fat and end up doing time like your dad. Never again at LUFC, we have enough sh1te to deal with without adding you to the pile.
    You seem to be obsessed with Phillips. Let him go …….

Oh and just in case you needed to know…… again…… I don’t have an issue with the road he chose. Some things work out some things don’t. Glad he made some money and he was a proven defensive midfielder who did well for club (ours) and country. Think he was player of some tournament in recent years?

Hope he can get back to his former self and I for one would have him back.

There ya go, betchya you can’t resist a reply😀 Try …………….. or continue to be obsessive 🙃

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)