+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillips

Was top of his game when he left, but has obviously struggled since, not sure if he’d be a fit in farkes plans, however I certainly don’t hold him in the same regard as Alan smith or the reprobates that deserted us last season, not that I want any of them back.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Was top of his game when he left, but has obviously struggled since, not sure if he’d be a fit in farkes plans, however I certainly don’t hold him in the same regard as Alan smith or the reprobates that deserted us last season, not that I want any of them back.
    Now you see, I can ignore Pacamans taunt, quite easily, but that comment about Smith can't go unanswered.

Read and digest;

https://www.thesportsman.com/article...chester-united

Not the only account of why Smith chose to sign for Scum;

https://theathletic.com/1805991/2020...hester-united/

All those that have reflected on the situation Leeds were in say exactly the same thing, Smith did what he did at least in part, if not primarily, in the interest of LUFC, NOT Alan Smith, as he knew what would happen to his reputation once he left.

To compare what Smith did, knowing what the impact would be on his reputation at LUFC with the money-grabbing Philips, is simply wrong. I still don't understand how Philips retains any kind of regard in the eyes of ANY LUFC supporter when all he did was give the finger to LUFC for money in his back pocket.
    Last edited by WTF11; 30-04-2024 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Now you see, I can ignore Pacamans taunt, quite easily, but that comment about Smith can't go unanswered.

Read and digest;

https://www.thesportsman.com/article...chester-united

Not the only account of why Smith chose to sign for Scum;

https://theathletic.com/1805991/2020...hester-united/

All those that have reflected on the situation Leeds were in say exactly the same thing, Smith did what he did at least in part, if not primarily, in the interest of LUFC, NOT Alan Smith, as he knew what would happen to his reputation once he left.

To compare what Smith did, knowing what the impact would be on his reputation at LUFC with the money-grabbing Philips, is simply wrong. I still don't understand how Philips retains any kind of regard in the eyes of ANY LUFC supporter when all he did was give the finger to LUFC for money in his back pocket.
    You have a chance to join arguably the best team in the world and increase your earnings beyond your wildest dreams and you say no thanks.

What idiot would say yes to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    You have a chance to join arguably the best team in the world and increase your earnings beyond your wildest dreams and you say no thanks.

What idiot would say yes to that?
    At the time Smith signed for Scum, the same could be quite easily put forward, but his motivation, as I've said and as is public knowledge, was at least in part to help LUFC at a desperate period in the clubs history. didn't stop him being labelled Judas, etc etc etc.

Philips on the other had gets an "understanding hearing" having done EXACTLY the same but with no saving grace of seeing a benefit to LUFC other than the mere transfer fee (I suspect he didn't pass up any signing on fee, as Smith did), and a "I'd take him back tomorrow" from some of the more deluded cohort.

Therein lies the difference. Go by all means, but please don't pretend you're the "Leeds lad" you purported to be.

And no, there won't be any more responses, you and others can labour under your misconceptions on this subject until hell freezes over.

At the time Smith signed for Scum, the same could be quite easily put forward, but his motivation, as I've said and as is public knowledge, was at least in part to help LUFC at a desperate period in the clubs history. didn't stop him being labelled Judas, etc etc etc.

Philips on the other had gets an "understanding hearing" having done EXACTLY the same but with no saving grace of seeing a benefit to LUFC other than the mere transfer fee (I suspect he didn't pass up any signing on fee, as Smith did), and a "I'd take him back tomorrow" from some of the more deluded cohort.

Therein lies the difference. Go by all means, but please don't pretend you're the "Leeds lad" you purported to be.

And no, there won't be any more responses, you and others can labour under your misconceptions on this subject until hell freezes over.
    Ha ha gotcha 😝

I’m confused on the response?

Didn’t we make 40+ million on the sale of KP? He’s a home grown player so I thought we got to keep it all under FFP rules. That really covers a fair amount of other signings.

It’s all moot since we are in the championship another year. We could never afford it now under FFP rules

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I’m confused on the response?

Didn’t we make 40+ million on the sale of KP? He’s a home grown player so I thought we got to keep it all under FFP rules. That really covers a fair amount of other signings.

It’s all moot since we are in the championship another year. We could never afford it now under FFP rules
    And we spent £150m on the ****e that appeared under the initial 49ers Enterprises and Marshes reign, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Ha ha gotcha 😝
    You poor sad.f00k.

Now now kiddies

You poor sad.f00k.
    You are so predictable WTF and a dragger so if you would stop replying to anything I post I’ll do you the courtesy of completely ignoring all your posts.

Is that a deal? - Simple YES or NO please

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)