+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conor Washington

Paul Douglas should have gone sometime since.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Paul Douglas should have gone sometime since.
    Can anyone give any actual examples eg facts that Paul Douglas has failed in his role?
    Not emotional responses to the players we sign or don’t sign or contracts that we should but don’t offer.

Real factual examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Can anyone give any actual examples eg facts that Paul Douglas has failed in his role?
    Not emotional responses to the players we sign or don’t sign or contracts that we should but don’t offer.

Real factual examples?
    No, nobody ever can. I think because none of us really know what he does, a lot of people assume he must be doing it wrong or badly. He could be the most competent and professional person at the club for all we know.

I always saw this deal as being able to move him on and freeing up wages and a squad place rather than make money. It seemed a good move for all parties at the time
    So I’m not sure it’s fair to criticise those people who brokered the deal
    He was ok but not great and we needed better. Unfortunately we didn’t get better but as we got him for nothing and he wasn’t worth much we are probably going to get his market worth. Very little

Interesting to read that he clashed with MT.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    No, nobody ever can. I think because none of us really know what he does, a lot of people assume he must be doing it wrong or badly. He could be the most competent and professional person at the club for all we know.
    That was kind of my point. He’s obviously operating under certain restrictions set by the club. It wasn’t a dig at Eric more just the myth that Paul Douglas is incompetent with no factual evidence.
    We do love a blame game as fans at times me included.

We are not lawyers we do not have to provide evidence at that level. He is the Chief Operating Officer
    "The COO job description has never been a fixed one: it varies by industry, organization, and need. Some COOs may see their role as that of a mentor, whereas others may be partners or heirs apparent to the chief executive. Managing day-to-day operations and executing the strategies of the top management team are only part of the job. In an uncertain postpandemic environment, the COO role is evolving from its roots in the back office into a catalyst for technology-driven growth, strategic expansion, and employee empowerment. As chief executives increasingly become the public face of organizations and deal with external constituencies and stakeholders, it often falls to COOs to provide internal leadership and direction. And as operations face extraordinary disruptions, COOs are now key players in boosting organizational resilience and value creation. As such, they are often leading contenders for the top job: in 2021, nearly 27 percent of CEOs in Fortune 500 and S&P 500 companies were promoted from the COO role, more than from any other internal position."
    https://www.mckinsey.com/capabilitie...023-and-beyond

Basically he is accountable for the implementation of what the board set as strategy and policy, so if we have issues with management or playing staff or contracts etc etc he is accountable. Also he should be visible to the public/customers. I suspect he is doing what he is told and is still there because he is a Yes man rather than a high quality COO. So assuming the board have said we need to have a training facility that is capable of allowing our players to train, he has failed. The fact that SE is doing a warts and all report tells us there are problems in the running of the club, the fact that TS has asked for a full detailed report tells you he thinks there are problems in the running of the club, what more evidence do you want?

I wouldn’t know exactly what my COO does so wouldn’t and couldn’t second guess Paul Douglas”s remit.surely he must be doing his job correctly or he”d be moved on wouldn’t he.there could be a legacy aspect from past regimes and stadiums which he may be of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...county-4613292

So we were paid nothing when he left and only get paid if he plays for Derby in the Championship and then less than £100k, another great deal by duggy dowrong or Rob Scott, the only way for our club to progress is to have quality leadership at all levels
    Fall out with Matt Taylor so probably wanted out - I do get the sense that we’d struggle to negotiate our way out of a paper bag at times though…..

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...county-4613292

So we were paid nothing when he left and only get paid if he plays for Derby in the Championship and then less than £100k, another great deal by duggy dowrong or Rob Scott, the only way for our club to progress is to have quality leadership at all levels
    How much does the wages add up to that we have saved for an injury plagued players who we signed for free…?.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Fall out with Matt Taylor so probably wanted out - I do get the sense that we’d struggle to negotiate our way out of a paper bag at times though…..
    Fall out with Matt Taylor.....egged on by a third party

Ditto Magic Hat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast