+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I stay or should I go

Should I stay or should I go

Assuming you had the ability to decide who stays and goes

Meslier
    Darlow
    Klaessen
    Roberts
    Bryam
    Firpo
    Cooper
    Struijk
    Rodon
    Cresswell
    Shackleton
    Bate
    Gyabi
    Kamara
    Gruev
    Gray
    Rutter
    Summerville
    Anthony
    Gnonto
    Piroe
    Bamford
    Geldhardt
    Joseph
    James

Crikey just listing that list out shows how big a squad we have (and how little of some of it has been used)

You left out Ampadu mate. ☺

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

Meslier
    Darlow
    Klaessen
    Roberts
    Bryam
    Firpo
    Cooper
    Struijk
    Rodon
    Cresswell
    Shackleton
    Bate
    Gyabi
    Kamara
    Gruev
    Gray
    Rutter
    Summerville
    Anthony
    Gnonto
    Piroe
    Bamford
    Geldhardt
    Joseph
    James

Crikey just listing that list out shows how big a squad we have (and how little of some of it has been used)
    Depends where we are next season.

Bit of a cleft stick we're in, because if we are still in the Championship, I'd say just about all (apart from Cooper, sorry m8), should be kept as we will need the undoubted skills they have put to good use trying to regroup and mount another promotion challenge. Thing is, a very large number will (not might) think differently for a variety of reasons. Some will want away if PL opportunities appear, others will want away to other clubs in the Championship because they don't see their careers being enhanced staying at Leeds and warming the bench.

If by some miracle we get promoted, quite a few simply aren't Premiership quality (Darlow, Cooper, Gyabi, Byram (now), Piroe, Kamara, Gruev, Klaessen, arguably Meslier, Roberts is a loan, although if we were able to keep him he might cut the mustard in the PL, Rutter (good, but not good enough). Issue there would be what we would be expecting to see from 49ers Enterprises by way of player investment bearing in mind the new cap on spending agreements MT detailed.

Not an easy question to answer.

100% agree on it all depends which league we are in. Totally different lists based on that and the economic realities imposed by FFP.

However, WTF I think you are being a little harsh on some of them not being prem quality.

I think that Kamara and Gruev, Roberts and Rutter are good enough. I suspect you've watched some prem games on the bottom 10 teams and they are more than capable against that level of team. I think they are wore out or playing injured at the end of the season. Understandable because other than Roberts none of them have ever experienced the grind of a full championship league season. Roberts is still injured but trying to gut through it.

I do think it's time sell Meslier and move on. I suspect he'll become a world class keeper but it's time for a change. The Rotherham keeper seems quite good and might be one we could latch on to. We don't know on Darlow.

I think that realisitically there are going to be 8 or so teams that are just better than us regardless who we bring in. Just because someone is new doesn't make them better than who we have.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

Meslier Sell
    Darlow Sell- he wouldn't stay anyway
    Klaessen - keep
    Ampadu - Keep
    Roberts Keep
    Bryam Keep
    Firpo Keep if under contract. sell if $15 million or more offer
    Cooper Sell
    Struijk Keep
    Rodon Keep- pay top dollar if needed
    Cresswell Sell- we've trashed him over a personal grudge of our coach
    Shackleton Keep - if he will stay
    Bate sell
    Gyabi Might be worth keeping. If we had coach that could develop him. Has the tools.
    Kamara Keep- He is solid for championship
    Gruev Keep - He is solid for championship
    Gray Keep - unless 50 million+ offer
    Rutter Keep- we wore him down but would be brilliant with less games.
    Summerville - Sell - 40 million +
    Anthony - Keep if he wants to stay
    Gnonto - sell - 30 million +
    Piroe - sell unless coaching change - he's busted mentally
    Bamford - sell - it's time to move on.
    Geldhardt - doubt he will stay so it's a moot point.
    Joseph - keep
    James - keep

Making the assumption that we'll be in the championship next year. going to need some magic from the management as we are losing a whole lot of talent and experience. Hoping it won't be another decade in the championship but FFP makes it hard against the relegated prem teams. It takes a special team like Ipswich has to break through.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Making the assumption that we'll be in the championship next year. going to need some magic from the management as we are losing a whole lot of talent and experience. Hoping it won't be another decade in the championship but FFP makes it hard against the relegated prem teams. It takes a special team like Ipswich has to break through.
    Similar thoughts Spaldy. Would be minded to keep Gnonto if we can.

Of the loan cowboys, Wober’s team want to buy him so he should be gone if the price can be agreed, Roca having a decent season, we get the 21m fee for Sinnisterra, Llorente has done pretty well so should recoup that, Everton want Harrison but haven’t realised you can’t pay in sweeties yet.

Think Rasmus and Aarsonson will return as won’t be any bidders for them.

If Summerville goes too then that should be a chunk of cash to meet FFP obligations.

If we don’t go up reasonable change Farke goes and if he goes some of those you flagged as sell/leave might stay.

Its always tease tease tease

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Its always tease tease tease
    Are you on your knees again Billy?

jeez,

I forgot the dross that we loaned out. It's a defense mechanism against getting totally depressed. With the exception of Harrison none are worth even thinking about keeping. Really hope that the toffees stay up so they will buy Harrison.

Union is in a relegation battle so with our luck they'll be relegated and we'll be stuck with aaronson. Wobers team looks safe at this point. at least we sold kock and hopefully lorente

we'll be lowballed on all of them since we are in the championship and under FFP pressure.

Hopefully the new owners will stand firm on Gray, Summerville and Gnonto. If we lose them get top, top dollar for them.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    100% agree on it all depends which league we are in. Totally different lists based on that and the economic realities imposed by FFP.

However, WTF I think you are being a little harsh on some of them not being prem quality.

I think that Kamara and Gruev, Roberts and Rutter are good enough. I suspect you've watched some prem games on the bottom 10 teams and they are more than capable against that level of team. I think they are wore out or playing injured at the end of the season. Understandable because other than Roberts none of them have ever experienced the grind of a full championship league season. Roberts is still injured but trying to gut through it.

I do think it's time sell Meslier and move on. I suspect he'll become a world class keeper but it's time for a change. The Rotherham keeper seems quite good and might be one we could latch on to. We don't know on Darlow.

I think that realisitically there are going to be 8 or so teams that are just better than us regardless who we bring in. Just because someone is new doesn't make them better than who we have.
    Still think I was being harsh as to our "PL-capable" players?

Not only are we lacking players with that level of skill (not that it's likely to matter by the end of May), as per others who have posted, we lack players with fight, spirit, determination, grit etc etc etc. Interesting couple of posts from the Baggies fan regarding how and ex-Leeds coach and some ex-Leeds players have performed for them. could do with much of the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)