+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ipswich Town

Ipswich Town

Leading 2-1 at Cov going into 11 minutes of injury time.
    If they hold on, they will need just a single point at home to relegation bound Huddersfield on Saturday, assuming Leeds beat Southampton at Elland Road in their final game.

Team and Manager of the season for me without a doubt.

Won 1-2 mate only a point needed against Huddersfield for promotion. Well done Ipswich. 13mins extra time & a Yorkshire ref I find curious with Leeds relying on Ipswich losing.

I can see them (Ipswich) winning 6-0 on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Won 1-2 mate only a point needed against Huddersfield for promotion. Well done Ipswich. 13mins extra time & a Yorkshire ref I find curious with Leeds relying on Ipswich losing.
    Sheffield and Hallamshire ref isn’t he?

Likely to be a grunter

I remember the Ipswich game at Easter 2 years ago when we luckily beat them.You could see then the green shoots of what they were going to become under their new,young and may it be said,sports science degree,never played a senior game in his life,youth academy coach.I don't think many thought he would take them to the Premier League within 3 years and they have beaten some pretty impressive competition in The Championship to finish 2nd. I think Mckenna's blueprint is similar to what TS was looking for in MT. I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but now we've gone back to what we know best.........the total antithesis!

He will find life in the prem somewhat different. They weren’t that impressive here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I remember the Ipswich game at Easter 2 years ago when we luckily beat them.You could see then the green shoots of what they were going to become under their new,young and may it be said,sports science degree,never played a senior game in his life,youth academy coach.I don't think many thought he would take them to the Premier League within 3 years and they have beaten some pretty impressive competition in The Championship to finish 2nd. I think Mckenna's blueprint is similar to what TS was looking for in MT. I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but now we've gone back to what we know best.........the total antithesis!
    Yes imagine a manager having a blueprint and given time to implement it.
    They play good football but the masses here just want us to play the Rotherham way.
    Running yourself to the ground is more important than any possession based football for us unfortunately.

I read somewhere that they had the biggest budget outside of the 3 teams that came down from the prem
    When they were in div one they signed copious players which must have cost a bit
    Money well spent though as it doesn’t always mean success

I think their fans and management regard George Hirst very highly
    He’s clearly developed and playing with better players too