Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
Not for me Lloyd, I know a local copper who’s a firearms policeman and so is his wife, guns need to be in the hands of the highly trained officers.

If we arm all police we’ll see a massive increase in the number of lowlife carrying guns and incidents of armed violence will increase.

I would certainly arm more police but not every beat bobby, each station should have at least a couple of gun officers available.

We are going to have to be careful we don’t end up making things worse when the reality actually is that these incidents are mercifully rare.

Surely we could use rubber bullets as well as tasers before resorting to guns.

It wouldn’t matter if coppers all carried guns, that poor lad would still have died yesterday and the first couple of coppers would possibly have been caught by surprise.

Whatever we do we will never eradicate this type of event.

I remember going to Feurteventura 20 years ago and weeks previously an innocent shopper had had her head chopped off with a machete whilst in a supermarket.

This stuff is so random.

I also don’t trust all of our police and don’t feel that all of them are competent either.

Many police are armed already ( not beat cops ). Take Harrogate there’s a load of armed cops in vehicles mainly because of Menwith Hill,

Like the Aussie woman cop who was a hero - if a nutter is knifing or shooting people then there’s any armed police on the scene - they should aim for the head and take them out. The guy in nottingham who stabbed to death those two university students should have been shot dead. Stuff any mental health issues when innocents have been killed. Take them out!