+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farke press conference

Farke press conference

Wow he does drone on and on without saying much other than. Making half excuses.

Hope his team talks are more focused and more exciting. If not, maybe that explains the recent malaise he sends them half to sleep and confuses them.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Wow he does drone on and on without saying much other than. Making half excuses.

Hope his team talks are more focused and more exciting. If not, maybe that explains the recent malaise he sends them half to sleep and confuses them.
    Get Marsch back?

Stopped listening to them awhile back. And to be honest, it wasn't so much the content...it was the fact that he waffled on and took 5 minutes to answer every question! Was doing my head in! 😀

A man under pressure.

Gave it the big un when interviewed for the Leeds job or if you believe some quarters of the press he interviewed us he did not want to talk about the Championship it was all about the Premiership and how he wanted another proper crack at it.

Well , Daniel my son , you have managed to completely blow automatic promotion despite been given arguably one of the best squads in this division , so lets see how the lads bottle is when it comes to the play-offs and fingers crossed the tactics and timing of subs is much better.
    Last edited by Rev72; 02-05-2024 at 11:31 PM.

Blimey lads, here we go again ………..

Happy clapper I might be, disappointed that autos don’t appear possible but I would have taken our current position at the start of this season.

We don’t know the facts behind the scenes and the reasons for our apparent bottle job but give Farke some slack. He’s human, makes mistakes I’m sure but this season has been enjoyable and far from over. I think he’s done a good job.

Who else would anyone have had come in given the circumstances we were had last June? Takers were thin on the ground remember?

My worry is that the ER atmosphere tomorrow will be one of nervous tension transmitting to the players. The things we need are a positive crowd, a positive result and a positive performance to lead us into the play offs. We have to regain some momentum.

I’m still hoping and still with Farke

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post

Happy clapper I might be, disappointed that autos don’t appear possible but I would have taken our current position at the start of this season.

We don’t know the facts behind the scenes and the reasons for our apparent bottle job but give Farke some slack. He’s human, makes mistakes I’m sure but this season has been enjoyable and far from over. I think he’s done a good job.

Who else would anyone have had come in given the circumstances we were had last June? Takers were thin on the ground remember?

My worry is that the ER atmosphere tomorrow will be one of nervous tension transmitting to the players. The things we need are a positive crowd, a positive result and a positive performance to lead us into the play offs. We have to regain some momentum.

I think I am generally postive but his press conference yesterday was hard to watch. Lots of excuses, long rambling answers and all a bit self serving.

More than that chances are that is how he speaks to the players so the danger is they switch off. Only my thoughts but he grates on me well as he has done this season and I can’t stand (i think I was banging on about this pre Christmas) his lack of squad rotation and poor use of subs.

What he has done is really good but I just get left with the feeling it could be even better but never will be. We have a very good squad for this league.

I think I am generally postive but his press conference yesterday was hard to watch. Lots of excuses, long rambling answers and all a bit self serving.

More than that chances are that is how he speaks to the players so the danger is they switch off. Only my thoughts but he grates on me well as he has done this season and I can’t stand (i think I was banging on about this pre Christmas) his lack of squad rotation and poor use of subs.

What he has done is really good but I just get left with the feeling it could be even better but never will be. We have a very good squad for this league.
    Agree with you, it’s been disappointing given the squad we have especially. I don’t think Farke has changed that much since the start. His press conferences have always laboured on but there is the lost in translation facet to it as well I think.

I also think there is no real leader of men in the team. A shouter, a get really stuck in kinda guy.

Let’s keep fingers crossed Hopey. We all want the same

My comments were purely based on the fact his responses to questions could much more brief, to say the least! ☺ I think I have made it clear who I think should be taking a lot more blame for the well below par showings recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post

We would have all taken the play-offs 100% before the season started given the chaos but there is no escaping what happened after the international break.

It was there for the taking , the title and promotion , Farke was saying he was the man for this kind of position and he blew it!

Still pissed off to be honest , however its done and now we have to some how get the disappointment out of our systems and grow a pair , its a second bite of the cherry , its a chance to put things right and have the Leeds haters out there with sh1t on their faces.

Time will tell......

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    We would have all taken the play-offs 100% before the season started given the chaos but there is no escaping what happened after the international break.

It was there for the taking , the title and promotion , Farke was saying he was the man for this kind of position and he blew it!

Still pissed off to be honest , however its done and now we have to some how get the disappointment out of our systems and grow a pair , its a second bite of the cherry , its a chance to put things right and have the Leeds haters out there with sh1t on their faces.

Time will tell......
    I think folk say stuff under pressure which later bites them up the bum. After screwing the autos up here we have a team and a manager under huge pressure. What does he say, what can he say? I believe his team selections and late/wrong substitutions were a massive factor and I think it was you that made the point about the Wales quartet. There might be a lot in this but at the end of the day, we are where we are…………… with a chance.

The media, fans, Farke, the club all got ahead of themselves before the international break and now we have important games where it feels the tide is against us. Players out of form, or just plain scared, fans sending fear on to the pitch, a manager who probably can’t believe what’s happened, a leaking defence and so it goes on.

Should we go up then I for one will worry again. Our illustrious owners have been very quiet about the future and non engaging as far as I can see about any prospects of team building if we go up. I only hear about possible plans to build a bigger capacity. That’s another topic so for now, I will go to ER tomorrow and try and control my heart rate whilst believing it will never happen because it seemingly never does.

If it all fails then no doubt there will be opinions to be had. This fella is not for turning and I’ll support him for as long as the club does. Personally, I hope that is for a period measured in years and not one measured in a season. A season by any standard has been excellent. The players lost their mojo at the wrong time. Are they capable of restoring some pride? We’ll see very soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)