+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    That's the problem, you miss a lot of things in the game.
    Appiah put Bramall away for two of our goals.
    I know Appiah has been poor all season but today was his best game for us. He may be a player that SE can really motivate so don't be surprised if he's part of the squad for next season.
    If he's out of contract then I don't see many clubs begging for his signaure. If Evans sees something and thinks they can get him cheap then don't rule it out.

I came to wave goodbye to a horrible last game, and ended up wishing it was the first match of next season. It's certainly not going to be dull in the future.
    Glad for the three strikers to all score, but I'll gloss over the ones we conceded.
    Great reception for Viktor, what a symbol for this club he's been.
    The table doesn't lie after 46 games, but we shouldn't be embarrassed by this relegation. We're down because we don't have enough money and are not prepared to break rules to stop up.
    Keep out of Sheffield tomorrow, apparently there's some kind of open-top bus parade.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    That's the problem, you miss a lot of things in the game.
    Appiah put Bramall away for two of our goals.
    I know Appiah has been poor all season but today was his best game for us. He may be a player that SE can really motivate so don't be surprised if he's part of the squad for next season.

Cardiff their players minds would have been more on the beech! Appiah he goes missing too much. Judge him on the whole season then no future for him here.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Cardiff their players minds would have been more on the beech! Appiah he goes missing too much. Judge him on the whole season then no future for him here.
    What will you say if Evans signs him?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Unlikely that I'll be up for a meaningless 4.30am kick off. Put your post match/post season thoughts here.
    I decided to get up for it and I'm glad I did. Restored my faith in the fact that we have footballers who want to play, given the right motivation and instructions that play to their strengths.

Obviously difficult to know how we would have fared against a Cardiff side that had something to play for but I suspect we would have still made it a narrow victory.

It was great to see Nombe score a classy goal that he could be proud of.

Well done all. Did anybody on here get a beer from Viktor at the Cutlers and was there a big crowd? A friend sent me a phto of the card and his pint so it did work - but no more details.

Did anyone else notice. When Hugill and the CB clashes heads. Hugill went to the side for 30 seconds whilst the Cardiff player was subbed and the sub went straight on. Maybe this rule will stay until someone takes advantage of it.

Nombe motm for me today. Ran his socks off topped with a classy goal

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Did anyone else notice. When Hugill and the CB clashes heads. Hugill went to the side for 30 seconds whilst the Cardiff player was subbed and the sub went straight on. Maybe this rule will stay until someone takes advantage of it.
    Hi Cayton, yes we too wondered about that incident, the outcome didn't seem fair........utm

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Bramall found his supply from the left so chance he'll still be here next season. Philips looked assured in goal. Appiah apart couldn't fault rest of the side. Peltier I haven't been his biggest fan but clapped him off today deserved that on his farewell appearance for us.
    Pelts will be here next season ! Mark my words !

On my way to the NYS today, I brushed aside the fact we were relegated and only hoped that we didn't get tanked. That would have marred the sending off we had come to give Viktor. As it turned out, we were all grateful of a final home win and the praise for the team showed that.

As for Viktor, he was rightly applauded and the singing of his name rang out time and again and rightly so. Fantastic man and a brilliant player for us who will be sadly sadly missed but, he's leaves us with all the blessings that could be bestowed on anyone, there is such warmth and respect for him.

The result was great as Evo tried a formula of three up front which at times bonded well in the attack. Hugill's first goal was very well worked.
    Eaves scores twice, I'll come back to that in a mo and Nombe scores a beauty on the turn, brilliant goal.

The penalty taking. I thought it was a well known fact that Hugill is the recognised penalty taker at the club. What Eaves did was inexcusable as it showed his selfish side in not being a team player, okay he scored but what happened prior to that was not acceptable.

Hugill asked for the ball and Eaves was having none of it, embarrassing as it unfolded as this took over a minute to resolve. Hugill walked away in disgust and did not join in with the celebrations in the corner once Eaves had scored. While the celebrations were happening you could clearly see Evans shouting to Hugill to either scold him for not joining in the celebration or to ask him why he didn't take it, we'll never know?

Had Eaves been on for a hat trick, you would have expected Hugill to hand over the ball but that for me was a very sour moment tin the game, shame on you Eaves.

Overall, the day was a good experience for once. Players put an effort in where they didn't do for Richardson? Viktor got the send off he thoroughly deserved, Evo claimed his 4th point from three games, all in all a positive ending to a very very poor season we all want to forget.

NB. CT Milller, I didn't make the free pint from Viktor but from the shots I was shown today, they were queuing well down the road so apparently it was a great success for Viktor and the Tavern.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast