+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    We are not going to agree on Targett.

I thought he was great during his loan too.

But he was fully fit when replaced by Burn. And didn't get a look in.

It's not just a fitness issue.
    That's the beauty of debate UtbS if we all agreed on everything this wouldn't be much of a forum would it haha.

I know what you mean though, he didn't maintain those loan levels when he played after we signed him.

It would be good to see a fully fit version with the benefit of pre-season, however, like I said. If a decent offer comes in for him I won't cry for his departure.

I don’t if it’s about the quality of Tino, Hall or Targett in that left back position.

Howe seems to want Burn on the pitch, as he is important to the tactics he wants to employ.

He’s not going to displace Botman or Schar in the middle of defence, so he gets that left hand berth at their expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    I don’t if it’s about the quality of Tino, Hall or Targett in that left back position.

Howe seems to want Burn on the pitch, as he is important to the tactics he wants to employ.

He’s not going to displace Botman or Schar in the middle of defence, so he gets that left hand berth at their expense.
    Good point man.

Both the 'heart of a frying pan' or the fact 'he's as big as Grey's monument' to quote the legend that is John Gibson having the Blyth bad boy on the pitch is a benefit all round

Wouldn’t touch Kelly, too many muscular and hamstring injuries to play the fast paced aggressive football Howe plays.

Missed over 40 games with multiple injuries the last 2 seasons, and over the last 5 seasons nearly 90.

That Tosin is one to go after, but for LB I’d be happy seeing Hall and Targett compete… if necessary Tino could even step in if needed.

I don't think Eddie really wanted Targett, It took a while to decide to sign him after a great season on loan

Aye - cannot fault how Howe has brought him on.

Really does show his skill as a coach (as said by many others).

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Howe brings on some of our other younger guns - Alex Murphy in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Aye - cannot fault how Howe has brought him on.

Really does show his skill as a coach (as said by many others).

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Howe brings on some of our other younger guns - Alex Murphy in particular.
    Mint having a proper manager/coach who has a clue isn't it?

Still settling in to this realisation. We're seeing the very top quality youngsters like the Alfie Harrison now see us as a viable option for their development. This level of player's agent wouldn't have even answered the call from Penfold during the Cabbage patch days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Mint having a proper manager/coach who has a clue isn't it?

Still settling in to this realisation. We're seeing the very top quality youngsters like the Alfie Harrison now see us as a viable option for their development. This level of player's agent wouldn't have even answered the call from Penfold during the Cabbage patch days.
    Very true Raga …and there are some who wanted him sacked recently (laughable!)

The way he coaches, constantly trying to improve everything at the club, is innovative and a work-a-holic, I can see him as our manager for many, many years.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Very true Raga …and there are some who wanted him sacked recently (laughable!)

The way he coaches, constantly trying to improve everything at the club, is innovative and a work-a-holic, I can see him as our manager for many, many years.
    I genuinely don't believe those people are NUFC fans.

They are either undercover Mackems or agent provocateurs.

Their agenda is not aligned with the club or the fan base. Anyone who can't see the talent knows absolutely nothing about football. I was gonna say 'blind' but that's an insult to our sight impaired fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    I genuinely don't believe those people are NUFC fans.

They are either undercover Mackems or agent provocateurs.

Spot on. Burner accounts all over the shop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)