+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: He was our No 1 choice from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I've said it before - We are a poisoned chalice. If you are in a job as a manager we are of little appeal - I think the board over estimate the lure of the club. We sack managers when we have one of the lower budgets in the division and are in 5th after 45 games. If someone came in as manager and we were sat in 5th place, they would rightly be looking over their shoulder.

Only one thing for it - a rookie manager. I would now turn my attentions to someone like Hourihane or Ashley Cole and get an experienced wingman in - I cant think of anyone, but someone like SW have got in Chris Powell.

You never know from rumours how close it all was , but when we see manger at 1/8 etc for the job on 3 or more occasions , you cant help but think theyve talked to them and thought 'not for me thanks'!
    Agree renno an absolute poisoned chalice , even Disco doesn't want it .

Done all this to themselves over the decade and now the chickens have firmly come home to roost .

Feel sorry for SOME of the fans that attend who know what these owners are but can put that to one side and just go down and watch a bit of football .

Absolutely no pity for the club loyalists or the supporters trust , many many people across the various social media platforms have stuck their neck out and told the usual suspects what would eventually happen only to be belittled , bullied or abused .

These people deserve the present situation along with these pantomime owners who drive clown cars .

The actions of Conway and the new breakaway majority shareholders means that this clubs reputation is completely shot to pieces in my opinion. So much so that it's become cringe worthy.

The next head coach has my sympathy working with this lot

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Agree renno an absolute poisoned chalice , even Disco doesn't want it .

Done all this to themselves over the decade and now the chickens have firmly come home to roost .

Feel sorry for SOME of the fans that attend who know what these owners are but can put that to one side and just go down and watch a bit of football .

Absolutely no pity for the club loyalists or the supporters trust , many many people across the various social media platforms have stuck their neck out and told the usual suspects what would eventually happen only to be belittled , bullied or abused .

These people deserve the present situation along with these pantomime owners who drive clown cars .
    I agree , ive renewed for my 40th year but I enjoy the day around it (food and a few rinses) with my youngest and dad. The football is secondary.

I honestly don’t think the board took into account what it looked like from the outside in. Let alone that the inside talk aswell. The club has no identity , and would guess only a bad reputation (all allegedly) within the industry. Under duff I felt like we were getting some sort of identity back

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345