Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
You've certainly listed some horrendous games, some of which should have seen the manager instantly sacked (McGhee etc). You are also right to point out that we have sacked managers in the past from a relatively strong position compared with later managers that got away with murder. However we are not yet at a Smith situation. At the time we sacked Smith he was on a run of 3 wins in 17 league matches in a season that we lost in the early round of the LC to Airdrie, lost in the first round of the UEFA cup and our first round of the SC (albeit to a very strong Rangers). All on the back of the last day at Ibrox the previous season.

McInnes should not be sacked now in my opinion but ask me again if he matches Smith's record and only wins 3 of his next 15 league games. I suspect we will do a whole lot better than Smith's run.
Smith had to go......he changed a winning formula for one game, much to certain players.....and assistant manager’s disdain......I wish to f@ck we needed to win instead of draw that final match......okay then, you cut him a wee bit of slack and let him redeem himself......FFS........after the heroics of a sustained run in the run up to “that” game.....he then had to go due to the free fall we encountered the following season......pretty much that, I look forward to cheering on our club, players and current coach(es) in the replay, it will be difficult of course, however I will travel down in hope rather than expectation in an objective manner with like minded chums who, like myself, have witnessed some affa sh1te spunking the family’s inheritance along the way 😉........can be a bugger being a dandy.......but.......”when I was a lad, a tiny wee lad!”

SF