Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
Been supporting the Dons for long aye?

Unfortunately, due to incredibly poor timing on my folks part, I’ve only been going since the late 80s. I am genuinely interested to hear what shyte you’ve seen prior to that.

For instance, how would it compare to the game I watched at Firhill in 2002, when Patterson sent out a team with a midfield of Young, Billio, Tiernan & Fabiano, to supply the deadly strike force of Mike & Mackie? Or the Sigma game, the 9-0, Queens Park, Q.O.S. There are all fairly recent events. Nobody on here would need to have travelled that far or wide to get a healthy take on what shyte truly is.

This team is nowhere near that of course but neither was Alex Smiths & you’re not telling me he didnt deserve the sack.
You've certainly listed some horrendous games, some of which should have seen the manager instantly sacked (McGhee etc). You are also right to point out that we have sacked managers in the past from a relatively strong position compared with later managers that got away with murder. However we are not yet at a Smith situation. At the time we sacked Smith he was on a run of 3 wins in 17 league matches in a season that we lost in the early round of the LC to Airdrie, lost in the first round of the UEFA cup and our first round of the SC (albeit to a very strong Rangers). All on the back of the last day at Ibrox the previous season.

McInnes should not be sacked now in my opinion but ask me again if he matches Smith's record and only wins 3 of his next 15 league games. I suspect we will do a whole lot better than Smith's run.