+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January transfer window

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    So you don't disagree completely because you then agree we need creativity in midfield? So is that not a priority?

Lazy signing is nothing to do with knowing the players as I thought I had explained in my post.
    I don't know if it's lazy or not, but if you put the last window together with this one and the one before, it's clear mistakes have been made. We'll have brought in Ojo, Bryson and McGeouch into a midfield that already contained Ferguson (who is always on the team sheet) and Campbell, not to mention Gleeson. All relatively similar players.

In a world where we have some width, pace and creativity in our midfield I'm assuming McInnes ideally wants to play 2 out of those 6, leaving space for a more creative midfielder and 2 wide men. 6 players competing for 2 positions seems like overload to me.

Either that or he sees one of them as the creative spark we're missing. But if so, which one? Not sure anyone on here sees any of these as providing that for the team.

You can only assume come the summer we'll shed some of these guys. I'm assuming Gleeson goes out this window. Maybe Campbell goes out on loan, although that would be a shame I think.

Of course the worrying scenario is that he does in fact want to play 3 of these together with 2 wingers and one up top. But if so that looks worryingly like another half season of turgid football to me.

All I want for Christmas 2019, a little belatedly, is some creativity in our midfield. I'm guessing that has now to be a loan. At the risk of upsetting folks with views on where our loans come from (who in principle I agree with), at this stage I pretty much don't care what team we get someone in from, so long as they've got a bit of creativity about them.
    Last edited by Don Julio; 15-01-2020 at 06:20 PM. Reason: typo