+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promotion now or never?

re: Promotion now or never?

Never.
    This was a straight forward question wasn't it?

Does this thread not demonstrate how little some fans understand or take in about whats happening.

Being fanancially prudent has got us this far. how the hell would throwing caution to the wind in complete contrast to how otherwise has worked be a sensible idea. Why not just keep building?

And whats this about losing players. The club has mainly just secured its main assets to a point that for another club to relase them would pay back enough to more than replace them with the length of contracts.

All seems that some cant see the woods for the trees and want to ge somewhat gung ho!

why if we dont go up this year will we have to start again when the slow build is working and proving itself???

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    Does this thread not demonstrate how little some fans understand or take in about whats happening.

Being fanancially prudent has got us this far. how the hell would throwing caution to the wind in complete contrast to how otherwise has worked be a sensible idea. Why not just keep building?

And whats this about losing players. The club has mainly just secured its main assets to a point that for another club to relase them would pay back enough to more than replace them with the length of contracts.

All seems that some cant see the woods for the trees and want to ge somewhat gung ho!

why if we dont go up this year will we have to start again when the slow build is working and proving itself???

I can't disagree with any point you have made in this post, spot on!

I understand & take in everything Rats. My point was if we have a good season but don't go up we could have our best assets stripped by premier league clubs. Which is why I used Southampton as an example. Ok they've got a lovely fat bank a

Quote Originally Posted by yamyamram
    I don't share your concerns brummie. what you say about taking our players could have happened this summer but SR was having none of it. if the big boys do come for our youngsters, I have faith in SR to get a premium price like soton did and look how they put it to good use.

this is not a make or break season. in 12 months we'll have George thorne back!
    OK.Now or never might be a bit over the top.I was just thinking when people were saying after Wembley 'ok lets be like Leicester & get promotion next time' we might not be in such a good position to do that if we loose too many players &/or Steve Mac.

I'm from Wolverhampton for my sins by the way.Hence YamYam[/quote]

Wolverhampton has gone right down hill since I lived there! When did they start allowing Sheeps in?

Quote Originally Posted by tricky1972
    I don't share your concerns brummie. what you say about taking our players could have happened this summer but SR was having none of it. if the big boys do come for our youngsters, I have faith in SR to get a premium price like soton did and look how they put it to good use.

OK.Now or never might be a bit over the top.I was just thinking when people were saying after Wembley 'ok lets be like Leicester & get promotion next time' we might not be in such a good position to do that if we loose too many players &/or Steve Mac.

Wolverhampton has gone right down hill since I lived there! When did they start allowing Sheeps in?[/quote]

Tricky, have you ever thought they may have gone down hill BECAU

Quote Originally Posted by SlimyLimey

Wolverhampton has gone right down hill since I lived there! When did they start allowing Sheeps in?[/quote]

Tricky, have you

I completely agree Ratman.

Lets say, for example, we don't go up and end up selling assets such as Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Martin etc. They are all on long contracts meaning they will command relatively big fees. Thus, we'll have financ

I agree with your philosophy but greed is a great motivator, & the thought of investing up to 5 million for possibly a 60 million return is very tempting. From an owners perspective they also have to consider the fickle fans of todays society who will leave like rats (no pun intended) leaving a sinking ship, if they feel the club is going nowhere.
    We only need a couple of pieces to complete the jigsaw, & I feel sure they will come in the form of Prem. loans.

Quote Originally Posted by yamyamram

Wolverhampton has gone right down hill since I lived there! When did they star

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)