+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your musical preferences?

The fear of being eaten by the sandwich.

Funkadelic - Promentalsh-tbackwashpsychosis Enema Squad

A fantastic song written and performed by a fantastic Musical genius ..This song has been covered by some absolute music legends..

The best version was by the Carpenters in my opinion but a great song writer all the same,Queen of 1964 used to make me smile

I've always liked Ray Davis ever since I read how he got one over the pompous BBC,they refused to play Lola because it contained the words Coca Cola in the lyrics and he had to rerecord it as cherry cola,the follow up single was Apeman with the line 'The air pollution is ****ing up my eyes' ,knowing that they wouldn't play it he sent demo copies to the BBC with the lyrics written on the back but with the offending word written down as fluffing,it still makes me smile when I hear it on there

Quote Originally Posted by chalkyncfc61 View Post
    I've always liked Ray Davis ever since I read how he got one over the pompous BBC,they refused to play Lola because it contained the words Coca Cola in the lyrics and he had to rerecord it as cherry cola,the follow up single was Apeman with the line 'The air pollution is ****ing up my eyes' ,knowing that they wouldn't play it he sent demo copies to the BBC with the lyrics written on the back but with the offending word written down as fluffing,it still makes me smile when I hear it on there
    Sir Ray Davies please Chalky..I'm not a lover of titles given out willy nilly,but Sir Ray fully deserves one for his service to music.. One of my favourites of his ,is the village preservation society ..

We are the Village Green Preservation Society.
    God save Donald Duck, vaudeville and variety.
    We are the Desperate Dan Appreciation Society.
    God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties.
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 21-03-2017 at 08:28 AM.

He is a genuinely great wordsmith who writes about English life

Come Dancing

He would end up blowing his wages for the week,all for a cuddle and a peck on the cheek....thats Chalky circa 79 ha ha

My genre now is anything goes , but back in the 90's-early nought-"ee's"!!< was underground dance i.e. raving lol the orbit in Morley Leeds was a top top place (the after dark club). nowadays rave music is no more it has completely died for me unless I'm just feeling old n past it!?

Did you make disease...and the diamond blue ?

XTC - Dear God

And the world looks just the same
    And history ain't changed
    Cause the banners, they are flown - in the next war..... .

The Who - Wont Get Fooled Again

Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss.

was our possible interest in.....Alireza Jahanbakhsh.

I just thought - Al" Yankovic.

"Weird Al" Yankovic - Foil

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)