+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Please go now, Artell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Vale May hope that Grimsby find a winning streak when they play both Barnet AND Chesterfield at Home next month!

Personally, and I know others will disagree for good reason, I hope the Vale stay up. I have a couple of good friends who have season tickets at the Wembley of the North (stop tittering in the cheap seats) and I wouldn’t wish the misery of the National League on them, not now we look safe anyway!!

Having watched Barnet on Saturday I’m not surprised they look doomed - awful side with no attempt to play football that made Newport look like Citeh!!! Chesterfield, on the other hand, were a delightful surprise yesterday and thoroughly deserved to beat County and their dubious tactics (Ameobi and friends throwing their arms around and then themselves to the floor). I fancy Grimsby to finish below them, and possibly Morecambe and the Vale too.

Survival in the League - particularly with a squad that was chosen by the manager and heralded at the time as being good and strong - is not an 'achievement'. Dave Artell is going to have to learn that arguing vehemently with the 4th official, instead of watching the game, is not the way to behave.

That said, I have been impressed with the commitment on the pitch of late; it's great to see Bowery (and I've always liked his work rate) scoring; the latest loans are doing the business; and 'our own' are demonstrating the underlying value of the Academy. For most of this season and nearly all of last, travelling to Gresty Road was a chore and only done because of the lovely people I sit with and the constant banter. In the last few weeks it's been much more of a pleasure to be entertained on the pitch.

I now think we can win every game until May 5. Whether we do or not is a different matter. Let's stick with Artell: he's got the team working as one, and some players have stepped up a long way. Now if he'd just show passion where it matters and control the silly berating of officials, I'd be well satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    The Vale May hope that Grimsby find a winning streak when they play both Barnet AND Chesterfield at Home next month!

Personally, and I know others will disagree for good reason, I hope the Vale stay up. I have a couple of good friends who have season tickets at the Wembley of the North (stop tittering in the cheap seats) and I wouldn’t wish the misery of the National League on them, not now we look safe anyway!!

Having watched Barnet on Saturday I’m not surprised they look doomed - awful side with no attempt to play football that made Newport look like Citeh!!! Chesterfield, on the other hand, were a delightful surprise yesterday and thoroughly deserved to beat County and their dubious tactics (Ameobi and friends throwing their arms around and then themselves to the floor). I fancy Grimsby to finish below them, and possibly Morecambe and the Vale too.
    Vale can do themselves and the clubs around them a favour by beating Chesterfield on Good Friday at vale park, if they can do that then we are practically safe, although I do fancy us to get results against Barnet and Vale and with our points total draws are not the end of the world, obviously 6 points would be better, but the season so far has taught us not to get too carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    ........ our superior goal difference ......

Now when was the last time you ever saw anyone write that?