Just back after an exciting day and what an atmosphere at the golden palace. I hope Steve Morgan and Mr Mendes enjoyed it. I will start with the referee, who was out of the Atwell camp. He just seemed to turn a blind eye to most of the treatment that was being dished out to Neves. It was a hobble when he was subed, and I am sure he will have some sore ankles and legs.

In the end it was a very comfortable victory, but it could have been so different had Ruddy not made a terrific double save in the first ten minutes. The save was almost all he had to do to keep his 22nd clean sheet of the season. It is easy to see why Birmingham are near the bottom, as they chased the ball, with Wolves having over seventy percent possession. Costa was a constant thorn to the Blues and on one break he forced the away defendef into a red card. Two well taken goals by the reliable Jota, and Afobi sparked wild celebrations at the final whistle.

Mendes who was at the game, will I am sure have names pencilled in, as we now build for next August. However, it would be nice to finish off the season in style, particularly as Sunderland is the only team we havn't beaten this season.