+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Whats App Gold Scam

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    An absolute disgrace Animal. I've arranged loads of corporate events in my time and been on the receiving end of e few as well. Fact is relationships are a two way thing and you need to get to know the people you're dealing with. Usually people relax in a social setting and that's often the best opportunity to really get to know who you're dealing with. It's all part of the process.

Unfortunately there are those who would go to the opening of an envelope if there was free food and drink laid on, pure greed.
    But as I also said in the same post, we're all responsible for our own actions, unfortunately we don't all have the same level of integrity.

Let's stop pretending here
    Corporate invites to Society golf days. trips to watch a Prem game eg Old Trafford meals at decent restaurants etc etc
    are provided for one reason & that is to try to curry favour [excuse the pun] & attempt in a thoroughly civilised way to sway the recipient
    As for declaring such favours ....who's checking
    They are often referred to as "Jollys" aren't they, relaxed social setting my bum

The cost of all these free lunches, hotels, golf days, corporate tickets etc are all paid for by adding a few pence here and there to the prices Ordinary Joe pays (multiplied by thousands/millions of Ordinary Joes ) for the particular product/service.
    I wouldn't be surprised if some had free Club Wembley type seats at our two games at Wembley as a Jolly to build relationships.

Correct SB & to pretend otherwise is bolloc ks

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Touched another nerve there. Keep driving and eyting to "build relationships".

Amongst other things it places a duty on employers to ensure that acts of bribery ( free lunches, football tickets, nights out) aren't committed on it's behalf.

It's usually the employer who's on the receiving or giving end
    One thing for sure it's not the guy on the shop floor now is it?
    I do believe it's vigorously monitored though

The guy in charge of procurement will always endeavor to get the best deal for his company both on price , service and quality .

Just because he receives countless invitations to attend free hospitality at Old Trafford , Wembley , Epsom and Cheltenham it isn't going to influence him one bit .

No sireeee , very naughty some of you and I'm not comfortable with your views at all .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Let's stop pretending here
    Corporate invites to Society golf days. trips to watch a Prem game eg Old Trafford meals at decent restaurants etc etc
    are provided for one reason & that is to try to curry favour [excuse the pun] & attempt in a thoroughly civilised way to sway the recipient
    As for declaring such favours ....who's checking
    They are often referred to as "Jollys" aren't they, relaxed social setting my bum
    I agree Exile, they are. But they're also a means of getting to know the company and people you're dealing with. You may well choose not to deal with them afterwards, that applies to both customers and suppliers.
    I've chosen many times not to pursue a company's business after getting to know their directors/set up a little better. It does actually work both ways you know.

As for the effect on the price "Joe Bloggs" pays, it's a cost to the business like any other. So of course it's passed on. Why wouldn't it be.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The guy in charge of procurement will always endeavor to get the best deal for his company both on price , service and quality .

Just because he receives countless invitations to attend free hospitality at Old Trafford , Wembley , Epsom and Cheltenham it isn't going to influence him one bit .

No sireeee , very naughty some of you and I'm not comfortable with your views at all .
    The bloke in procurement would be out on his ar$e if his bosses felt that he was placing orders based on what he was getting from suppliers and not on the best deal for the company.

You have to be very careful when accepting invitations, the last thing you would want is anyone thinking you were bent in any way.

Like it or not chaps it's the way a lot of business is done.

Lets not forget, your integrity and good name should be worth far more than a free trip to Old Trafford or a nice meal out.
    If I thought for a minute mine were being compromised by accepting or giving an invitation then it wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Thankyou SB
    Kerr as usual playing semantics
    He keeps adding "in which you expressed an opinion"
    He knows full well that I started a thread of the title O/T Analytica [Kerr to open debate] on the date you mentioned
    I have become totally p!ssed of with Kerr never starting a thread but always eager to contradict
    My purpose as he well understands was for once in his psychopathic head was for him to offer his view FIRST
    He maintains he has started two threads in total TWO THREADS FFS but has not indicated when & what about
    I have also asked him if he has stopped beating his wife but he has ignored the question
    A simple yes or no will suffice
    Ah… I see the problem. You would have preferred me to have asked a different question.

Of course I keep adding in the words ‘in which you expressed an opinion’. That was the question that I asked at the outset and to which you answered ‘I did’. Or are you denying that too? I can pop up a link if you’d like? Simply because you now find it inconvenient that I asked you why you didn’t start a thread in which you expressed an opinion has nothing to do with semantics.

Let’s start again (with the same question – read it carefully and check). If you wanted to talk about Analytica, why didn’t you just start a thread in which you expressed an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Eric Bray, Eric Bray,
    The best I here them say.

Last dealings I ed wi a Barnsley solicitor wo Raleys wi Miners Compensation Scheme fo mi dad.

Mi dad gorra few hundred forriz lung disease, Raleys got ovva two grand fo filling a few sheets a paper in abart it.

Nivva edda free lunch in his life.
    I think I knew thi dad think he was compressor operator on pit top at Dodworth think his name was Bill worked regular days, if was him when I sneeked out of pit early I used go and sit with him in his little cabin and talk about shyte while pit time.

Is Raley's the firm that the NUM touted to its members in a deal that saw them receive a cut of the compensation?

An utterly shameful business all round.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast