+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough

The positive we only let 3 in tonight !

Another hammering is coming on Saturday as he will still play the same defenders and I’m calling it Vaughan is too much of a luxury at this level O’Connor is better.

Quote Originally Posted by miles3659 View Post
    My first post in a long time and I hate it to be in such miserable circumstances.

Firstly I don't think last season has anything to do with it.
    We lost out on Yates, strikers got slower as the season went on, defence played well, we made the play-offs.
    It's churlish to say NOW that last season was anything other than pretty good.

This season is another matter entirely.
    Something very strange seems to have happened in the defence.
    13 goals in 4 games - and against Yeovil and Newport.

I think players have to go - and I think Nolan has to go too.
    I couldn't believe I could be saying this after 4 league games - but something is dreadfully wrong.
    It won't happen before Saturday - but Saturday is going to make things worse.
    We are bottom after breaking the bank.

Change now.
    The last sentence is what will make Hardy act

Excellent post miles, if change doesn't happen soon. We will struggle to even make the top half, already need 3 wins without Exeter scoring a point plus a whole load of goals to reach the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Try again tomorrow Swale. I'm afraid only knee jerk posts are acceptable tonight.
    Don't be so silly.

Decision making through the summer has been poor. The exceptions being the front three recruits of Boldewijn, Hemmings and Dennis. In the first 20 mins of Yeovil last Friday they looked world beaters. very impressive, movement, wing play, powerful, - a great improvement on last seasons one directional play.

But that is it...

Midfield has no tackling ability at all. Husin has lived on the "wonder goal" but has little to offer. Vaughan I'm still on the fence about. Add to that the 2 young lads, one of whom still hasnt put the shirt on. This team desperately needs a Phil Turner or a Paul Harding, and we haven't recuited anyone remotely resembling those types.

Defence - well it's fairly shambolic to be honest. Jones is so short of confidence, Brisley the same, and as for Duffy, he was inept when we got relegated, not a great deal better last year, and is back to inept again this season. What's all the falling to the floor stuff? Can't defend, and even appears in the other penalty area waving his arms about when we have a free kick at the other end. Duffy and Brisley should be concentrating on defending and leave others further up the pitch to do their job. They should not even think about crossing the half way line. And as for Captain, well he's just not is he? I don't see any positive leadership qualities.

And as for pre-season, what a farce. AH must take some of the flak for this. We had games against 3 minor teams. Why? Because they are our friends? Big deal. Winning 17-0 helps no-one. If I played for Rolls Royce i would probably have asked not to be selected as it would serve absolutely no purpose. It didn't serve any purpose for Notts either. Then there are 2 games against Derby and Leicester. Again, why? The answer to that I can only assume is financial. Bums on seats. A 10,000 crowd so we look good on paper and earn a few bob before a ball is kicked in anger. It's preparation Jim, but not as we know it, as Spock would say.

Try again tomorrow Swale. I'm afraid only knee jerk posts are acceptable tonight.

I never give knee jerk responses, watched the game on iFollow in Spain. It was so bad it defies description.

The players do not seem bothered, Hewitt, Jones, Duffy...my god, I could have played better tonight.

Nolan has a massive massive job on his hands with these useless underachievers. I hope we get a win Saturday but after watching that total rubbish tonight you might as well say I will be voting for Corbyn, more chance of that than us defending.

So you didn't watch in then?

Quote Originally Posted by miles3659 View Post
    My first post in a long time and I hate it to be in such miserable circumstances.

Firstly I don't think last season has anything to do with it.
    We lost out on Yates, strikers got slower as the season went on, defence played well, we made the play-offs.
    It's churlish to say NOW that last season was anything other than pretty good.

This season is another matter entirely.
    Something very strange seems to have happened in the defence.
    13 goals in 4 games - and against Yeovil and Newport.

I think players have to go - and I think Nolan has to go too.
    I couldn't believe I could be saying this after 4 league games - but something is dreadfully wrong.
    It won't happen before Saturday - but Saturday is going to make things worse.
    We are bottom after breaking the bank.

Change now.
    I think last season was a good pointer to what’s happening now. We were dire for the most part of Jan onwards and it was only Forte’s effort and goals in the last few weeks of the season that got us in the playoffs. And what did we do with him ?

I've watched 85% of KN's games in charge of Notts live, so I'm confused as to why would a negative opinion be "knee jerk"?

There's a long list of reasons which are now adding up to him needing to go.

KN has told us he is (was) happy with his squad. This is a squad where Duffy & Brisley are backed up by an inexperienced loanee and an even more inexperienced kid we got from Dunkirk. I don't know how you can describe that as anything other than mismanagement at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I never give knee jerk responses, watched the game on iFollow in Spain. It was so bad it defies description.

The players do not seem bothered, Hewitt, Jones, Duffy...my god, I could have played better tonight.

Nolan has a massive massive job on his hands with these useless underachievers. I hope we get a win Saturday but after watching that total rubbish tonight you might as well say I will be voting for Corbyn, more chance of that than us defending.
    And that comment from Joe tells a bloody tale!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast