+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough Post Match Thoughts

Just found the video.

Well taken goals biglad but against one of the most shambolic defensive sides we have ever had (under mr Stubbs )so be careful what you read into it. I would have scored an hat trick that day against that lot!

All that video reminds me is that we have got warne now thank god and not that teacake Stubbsy.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 24-10-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Another thing to mention from last night was that we dispossessed Boro 4/5 times around the centre circle in the last 15 mins or so.
    Boro tiring and becoming complacent.

Didn't capitalise though with passes going astray once we got to their pen area.
    Something to build on though after a very encouraging display

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I really hope folk can see what the reality of the board is, the posts from welovebooth, greatfire and zilzal, really, pathetic attempts at wind up when in reality the team has done great tonight, just great.

The thing is, i think Warney has got something good going on here, early doors granted but the team seems to me to be growing rapidly.....then i read the tripe from these posters.....god help us.
    if getting a point away at Middlesbrough is more important to you than been in the relegation zone than that's your choice.

great result would been a real coupon buster but 1 game isn't a season .enjoy it yes but i would rather lose to Middlesbrough and be out the relegation zone than draw and be in it

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    if getting a point away at Middlesbrough is more important to you than been in the relegation zone than that's your choice.

great result would been a real coupon buster but 1 game isn't a season .enjoy it yes but i would rather lose to Middlesbrough and be out the relegation zone than draw and be in it
    Nowt like stating the obvious, the thing is, you couldn't wait to stick your negative oar in, that was a great result for us last night, and in the big scheme of things i think it's plain to see that Warne is creating something special here. I know we should be scoring 4 goals a game in your eyes and playing like Man city, but i'm more of a realist than yourself, plainly.

Paul Warne describes Smith as being " imperious " in attack, which to me is more appropriate than being Man of the Match every game.
    I would still take fourth bottom now.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Well taken goals biglad but against one of the most shambolic defensive sides we have ever had (under mr Stubbs )so be careful what you read into it. I would have scored an hat trick that day against that lot!

All that video reminds me is that we have got warne now thank god and not that teacake Stubbsy.
    The point I was making is that he is the type of player who can play off Smudge and get a few goals for us and would cost hardly anything. Given the chance I think this kid could be fantastic for us. He is quick and has good reaction time and he knows where the net is. I think he just needs the chance to show what he can do because he is deffo better than where he is playing now.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 24-10-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Nowt like stating the obvious, the thing is, you couldn't wait to stick your negative oar in, that was a great result for us last night, and in the big scheme of things i think it's plain to see that Warne is creating something special here. I know we should be scoring 4 goals a game in your eyes and playing like Man city, but i'm more of a realist than yourself, plainly.
    please tell me when I have said should be scoring 4 goals a game. yes I totally agree Warne is doing a great job I have even started posts to say he could become one of the best managers in rotherham history and have also said if he gets us finishing around with

finishing around 15th bigger clubs will come calling.

It's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast