+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 68 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    First of all, are you still having a go at us thick central belters?
    I made no personal indication of intelligence, other than Ryan Jack's.
    It is yourself that is construing that to apply yourself to the average

Incidentally, I stick by my use of weighting.
    I used it in context of when comparing the weight of each clubs budgets, Celtics is much heavier.
    i.e. the weight of Aberdeen's budget is a fraction of Celtics
    Its not unlike you to try and pick a grammar fight when you have no real point to make in the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Entitlement isn't the same as ambition. I like to think we have a better crack at the whip than most and therefore my expectations are maybe higher. I don't support Aberdeen because we win lots of trophies (obviously) but nothing wrong with not wanting to settle for winning absolutely nothing time after time.
    Ambition has not been questioned.
    I'm sure each of the last 3 finals Aberdeen have went into, everyone at the club wanted to win it.

I referenced that expectation was akin to entitlement.
    Some in here have an expectation that we "should" have won more trophies and therefore believe that we should have been entitled to them and therefore under-performed.
    I don't buy into that philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    Where? Just saying it's bitter doesn't prove anything.

Also, even if there is bitterness, that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. It's just easier for you to dismiss opinion that you don't want to see the validity in if you dress it up as bitterness.
    Absolutely everyone is entitled to their opinion and the right to express it.
    I welcome that.
    Having a difference of opinion allows us to debate the differences.

Some of Pacman's points I can agree with.
    What I was disagreeing with was the sense of entitlement and expectation.
    It doesn't line up with reality in my opinion.

It should be a quiet week or so ahead for us regarding the transfer window as Del said that he hoped to have a new face on board before they fly out to Dubai on Tuesday. He obviously failed on that front as he must be struggling to get other managers to do us a favour and loan us one of their out of the picture type players. He also stated that when in Dubai he didn’t want any distractions and would just go ahead with the players he had before he went. Stewart Milne and him are a match made in heaven for each other. Aren’t we such a very fortunate bunch of supporters having such driven men at the top of our club.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I'm sure each of the last 3 finals Aberdeen have went into, everyone at the club wanted to win it.
    I totally disagree surprisingly....some people at the club were just happy to be in the finals. Milne and McInnes being the obvious candidates.

Call me idealist, but we're the only club in one of the richest cities in Europe. We should have far more resources than we do. The problem is the chairman is too myopic and believes a strong Rangers is the solution to all our problems. He's holding us back, and despite McInnes' record, he is too. His record only proves he's better than what came before, it doesn't mean he's doing as well as he could be.
    Yes, we should have far more resources than we do, but I don't see a queue of boys that have done well in the oil industry queuing up to invest.

Yes the chairman is a problem, he is in fact reflective of a lot of locals who have done (very) well for themselves who are reticent to spend their own wealth in large 6 figure sums, refer to the above!

Its all about personal perspective but McInnes isn't holding us back as an individual. That's wrong.

Absolutely everyone is entitled to their opinion and the right to express it.
    I welcome that.
    Having a difference of opinion allows us to debate the differences.

Some of Pacman's points I can agree with.
    What I was disagreeing with was the sense of entitlement and expectation.
    It doesn't line up with reality in my opinion.
    I haven't seen anyone suggesting we're entitled to win the league or anything else, but if you want to mention entitlement, I think as paying customers, we're entitled to see the club trying to move forwards instead of sitting on their hands watching the world go by. No one's demanding we win, we're demanding we show the impetus to try and win.

I made no personal indication of intelligence, other than Ryan Jack's.
    It is yourself that is construing that to apply yourself to the average

Incidentally, I stick by my use of weighting.
    I used it in context of when comparing the weight of each clubs budgets, Celtics is much heavier.
    i.e. the weight of Aberdeen's budget is a fraction of Celtics
    Its not unlike you to try and pick a grammar fight when you have no real point to make in the discussion

I referenced that expectation was akin to entitlement.
    Some in here have an expectation that we "should" have won more trophies and therefore believe that we should have been entitled to them and therefore under-performed.
    I don't buy into that philosophy
    But I did make a point and you've even went to the bother of replying to it

Although your reply is very confusing.

I haven't seen anyone suggesting we're entitled to win the league or anything else, but if you want to mention entitlement, I think as paying customers, we're entitled to see the club trying to move forwards instead of sitting on their hands watching the world go by. No one's demanding we win, we're demanding we show the impetus to try and win.
    Nailed my feelings there

The club are happy to nae be sh@te anymore. Its as if thats mission accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Yes, we should have far more resources than we do, but I don't see a queue of boys that have done well in the oil industry queuing up to invest.

Yes the chairman is a problem, he is in fact reflective of a lot of locals who have done (very) well for themselves who are reticent to spend their own wealth in large 6 figure sums, refer to the above!

Its all about personal perspective but McInnes isn't holding us back as an individual. That's wrong.
    That's another problem though, we're expecting them to queue up to invest? No, we should be going out and selling the club as a vehicle for them to invest in.

And sorry, I don't agree about McInnes. It took him until December to get a semblance of an idea of what his best team is. He's negated to sign Gauld because he's apparently not defensive enough to fit his system, which I believe will be a massive mistake, and out of the last 20 odd players we've signed, less than half have been a success. If you look at that objectively, that's poor and it's holding us back.

That's another problem though, we're expecting them to queue up to invest? No, we should be going out and selling the club as a vehicle for them to invest in.
    Really? Do you work in the Oil Industry? The big corporates wont invest as its just not their thing unless its about community involvement. Our development program is well supported in that regard (Apache, CNR etc and BP before them). The locals that have done well generally do something (Saltire, Team Recruitment, Apex, Hydraysun etc).

Anyone who wants to be involved in supporting the club is, many supporters down the years in management positions have pushed the companies they work for to do something to support the club (perhaps selfish as it normally involves boxes etc.), I believe Texo is the latest of these.

Page 68 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast