+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: DFCSS membership

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Every new owner says that ffs. FPS have invested £3m so far and DFCSS guys like you say that's not good enough? The duds Nelms is appointing were and are backed on here, by you as well. Nelms has to go as he's clueless but you cannot say Keyes has not been backing the club all the way.
    I backed Hartley until he started losing it, I never once backed the useless McCann and made it clear from the day of his appointment that I thought it was the wrong move. I'm backing McIntyre for now because it's the right thing to do until he shows he deserves it or doesn't.

John Nelms made a huge mistake appointing McCann but he'll know that now. Clueless? Not fully in my experience, very clever and very tactically minded in business dealings but not clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Shares - to the best of my knowledge they didn't.

I think DFCSS should care first and foremost about its members, they are the people it represents.
    Cheers.

Shares.....as I thought.

Agree para 2 and can understand why but can never then understand why dfcss members seem to be flabbergasted when ALL Dee fans don't support them.....if your not a member....why in heavens name would you.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Cheers.

Shares.....as I thought.

Agree para 2 and can understand why but can never then understand why dfcss members seem to be flabbergasted when ALL Dee fans don't support them.....if your not a member....why in heavens name would you.
    Some DFCSS members will no doubt be surprised that all fans don't support the society but I'm with you on that - why? By the same token I can't understand why so many non members feel so strongly about who's on the society board and some missing minutes.

I'll be honest I used to upload minutes very sporadically, sometimes forgetting and sometimes not having time. There's no documented requirement to put them on a website just to keep and approve them. If it had been me in at the outset I'd have kept hard copies only and archived them with access only for regulators or paid members and even then only by request and on approval of the board. I think the original board members just wanted to give off a message of openness and accessibility. It's really not a scandal that some minutes haven't been uploaded but the hassle I used to get, from non members mainly, when they heard there had been a meeting and the minutes weren't up within a few days was fkn ridiculous at times.

What will be a scandal though is if the minutes from the 'dark' website period have been destroyed by any of the predecessors of the current board. I believe someone will have these, just don't know who.

Some DFCSS members will no doubt be surprised that all fans don't support the society but I'm with you on that - why? By the same token I can't understand why so many non members feel so strongly about who's on the society board and some missing minutes.

I'll be honest I used to upload minutes very sporadically, sometimes forgetting and sometimes not having time. There's no documented requirement to put them on a website just to keep and approve them. If it had been me in at the outset I'd have kept hard copies only and archived them with access only for regulators or paid members and even then only by request and on approval of the board. I think the original board members just wanted to give off a message of openness and accessibility. It's really not a scandal that some minutes haven't been uploaded but the hassle I used to get, from non members mainly, when they heard there had been a meeting and the minutes weren't up within a few days was fkn ridiculous at times.

What will be a scandal though is if the minutes from the 'dark' website period have been destroyed by any of the predecessors of the current board. I believe someone will have these, just don't know who.
    I'm not surprised we are almost in agreement.

I wouldn't know where to look for minutes.

I think so many non members take an interest in dfcss affairs is because they may well one day be in charge again but like you I hope not.

I don't see this as dfcss or FPS....I see it as holding both to account....I'm not a member of FPS obviously or a member of the society but they both have an interest in DFC....that's why I comment on both.

My name isn't Sonny.

Do you know for certain that the minutes have been destroyed? If so how do you know?
    You are well-trained, I'll give you that. Biding your time till you get on the blazer shortlist once FPS have been forced out?

Shares - to the best of my knowledge they didn't.

I think DFCSS should care first and foremost about its members, they are the people it represents.
    Best of your knowledge? The DFCSS board treat the Loyal 130 with as much contempt as they do non-members. Unless you were informed of the Jan 2017 meeting?

How much did DFCSS pay to acquire the newly-created A-shares? I think they are worth about £100k in DFCSS's accounts, is that what they paid for them? Don't worry, you're too well-versed in DFCSS double-speak to give an answer to that, eh? And the minutes are no longer available from that period, so I guess we'll just have to assume they helped themselves to £100,000 of shares from the club.

You are well-trained, I'll give you that. Biding your time till you get on the blazer shortlist once FPS have been forced out?
    You obviously don't know me.

Best of your knowledge? The DFCSS board treat the Loyal 130 with as much contempt as they do non-members. Unless you were informed of the Jan 2017 meeting?

How much did DFCSS pay to acquire the newly-created A-shares? I think they are worth about £100k in DFCSS's accounts, is that what they paid for them? Don't worry, you're too well-versed in DFCSS double-speak to give an answer to that, eh? And the minutes are no longer available from that period, so I guess we'll just have to assume they helped themselves to £100,000 of shares from the club.
    What January 2017 meeting?

No idea what happened before or after my tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'm not surprised we are almost in agreement.

I wouldn't know where to look for minutes.

I think so many non members take an interest in dfcss affairs is because they may well one day be in charge again but like you I hope not.

I don't see this as dfcss or FPS....I see it as holding both to account....I'm not a member of FPS obviously or a member of the society but they both have an interest in DFC....that's why I comment on both.
    I obviously know more about how the society is regarded (or disregarded) by FPS so my leanings are more toward society but I really think there's fault and truth on both sides.

I only care about Dundee FC now but will continue to rubbish any lies and misconceptions about the society posted on this forum - not by you obviously as you pretty much only post what you know or strongly suspect.

You obviously don't know me.
    What January 2017 meeting?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)