+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The natives are getting restless....

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    To be honest, at the beginning of last season I didn't know what to expect, we'd got rid of 7/8 players (albeit rubbish ones), we'd only brought in bamford and Douglas, so it was into the unknown I thought, top, middle or bottom, not a clue....in the end we fell short with 4 games left, we have the same squad, less Clarke (who only played a bit part) add a couple more half decent players, which we seem as if we are doing and you never know, we may just do it, all these players now know what bielsa is about, they've had a season of playing together and there seems to be a good bonding between them.....let's be positive (yeah I know it's hard, even for me, as I/we don't do positive, being a Leeds supporter).
    Restlessness is a sign of expectation...an expectation that can swiftly morph into anticipation. Can't see a single reason to be negative right now. Bielsa's second season, with a stable squad...now that's worth anticipating!

This season I expect us to be there or there abouts.

I also expect us to f*ck it up again

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And what makes u think that there is anything even close to fact coming from Jez or Flint?
    You're getting EVEN more tiresome than in previous close seasons... if that is possible.

why don't you honour your raging comment made about an hour after we had been beaten by Derby? or have you forgotten that too?

you know the comment that went something like "That's it, them useless ****ing bastuds can't even be bothered trying, useless bottlers, well I don't need it anymore that's me finished on here i'm done with Leeds - have far more important things to do with my life".....or will your selective memory loss kick in again....

Mr Angry's got nothing on you just give it a fecking rest man

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    You're getting EVEN more tiresome than in previous close seasons... if that is possible.

why don't you honour your raging comment made about an hour after we had been beaten by Derby? or have you forgotten that too?

you know the comment that went something like "That's it, them useless ****ing bastuds can't even be bothered trying, useless bottlers, well I don't need it anymore that's me finished on here i'm done with Leeds - have far more important things to do with my life".....or will your selective memory loss kick in again....

Mr Angry's got nothing on you just give it a fecking rest man
    Forgive me for being a tad emotional when the club I have followed for longer than you have drawn breath managed to f00k up promotion and to do so whilst employing that great hope for the future you and others made such a creaming big deal if. Would have been nice for something good to happen in what has been by any stretch of the imagination a f00king sh1t year, but now I have so much more time to vent my spleen, so far from giving anything a rest, I have nothing better to do with my time. Here's hoping the club do something sensible😉.

Now the dust has settled and got over the disappointment of how the season ended I wouldn’t say last season was a disaster - I was slightly worried we might be fighting relegation but instead some of the performances were just outstanding - we tore some teams to pieces and dominated them.

It may have ended in tears but that was simply a sign of how much our expectations had been raised.

More of the same this season would be most welcome.

I also thought we possibly would be fighting relegation, but was gutted when we blew it big time with 4 games left.......and wtf, with this club there will always be stuff to vent your anger, I feel there's some stuff to come for us all to vent anger at, but in the meantime....vent away 😉

There is hope.

as a youngster I was in St. Louis, MO when their professional hockey team move into town 1967. some really exciting times to be 6 years old and having dad bring me to the games.

Never won a Stanley cup even though they had the best record in hockey several times and made the play offs almost every year.

This year they did it.... with the worst record in hockey on 1/3/2019 (over half the season gone) and came back to win it all. 51 years of futility blown away.

There is hope we'll win the league this year and it will be a "two for" for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Forgive me for being a tad emotional when the club I have followed for longer than you have drawn breath managed to f00k up promotion and to do so whilst employing that great hope for the future you and others made such a creaming big deal if. Would have been nice for something good to happen in what has been by any stretch of the imagination a f00king sh1t year, but now I have so much more time to vent my spleen, so far from giving anything a rest, I have nothing better to do with my time. Here's hoping the club do something sensible😉.

errrr wrong again... Born in '55 first game in '66 .Leeds 3 Leicester 1 on 12th November - day after my 11th birthday .....and you?

As for venting your spleen following our fall from grace - it's about time you got over it don't you think? season ended seven weeks ago FFS..

What a dire and miserable world you live in fella!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    errrr wrong again... Born in '55 first game in '66 .Leeds 3 Leicester 1 on 12th November - day after my 11th birthday .....and you?

As for venting your spleen following our fall from grace - it's about time you got over it don't you think? season ended seven weeks ago FFS..

What a dire and miserable world you live in fella!
    Yeah you beat me, just. Born 56, first game away at Bumley losing 5-1 in Oct 68, great day, not.

As for living in a dire and miserable world, you ignorant, stupid dumb f00kwit, yes, too f00king right having lost my wife to cancer just 10 short days after that disgraceful display of abject capitulation against Derby. I'll try to get over stuff just to please you (or maybe not).

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    I can definitely accept that Berardi might not be a decent back-up centre-half…I was surprised when Bielsa talked about him in that role, but the boss must see something. However, I’m not sure I agree with your statement that…
    “this idea that it is 'difficult' is nonsense plenty of clubs have signed top quality players in this league already, it is only difficult if you aren't willing to pay the going rate.”

Here’s a list of signings over 3M…

Stoke: Afobe (12M), Etebo (6.5M), McLean (5M)

West Brom: Johnston (6.5M), Bartley (4M)

Middlesbrough: Flint (7.2M), McNair (5.1M)

Sheff Utd: Egan (4M)

Forest: Carvalho (13.5M), Grabban (6.1M)

…that’s not plenty, with half of them bought by relegated teams, who we simply CAN’T compete with. I’m not at the giving up stage…yet. Phil Hay has no doubt we’re bringing in more players (apparently the club is very active in the market), he just isn’t sure of their quality as he’s heard no details…which, for risk of repeating myself, is a good thing. In previous years it’s been ‘all mouth’ covering up the faults, but this year its different…which makes me believe that things are actually going to be different.
    …and I simply can’t get my head around the idea that Radrizanni is risking the ire of Bielsa by pulling a fast one and pocketing the profit…however, nothing surprises me anymore!
    Not that I'm criticising your post but nuts how only one of those teams you listed had anywhere near the type of season they expected! West Brom were a failure considering their squad despite being in playoffs

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)