+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neal Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Out of interest, what miracles has he worked?
    ‘Miracle’ too strong a word. However, take him out of the equation we’d be in a much worse position.

He’s definitely been the glue and deserves a large chunk of respect.

Elite never has a single positive word to say about anyone or anything. He is quite possibly the most argumentative person on here and thinks he has a god given right to state his so called superior knowledge to a trapped audience. The miracle is keeping the squad together ( unpaid for 2 months ) , digging out decent displays and results and staying dignified ( unlike our exiting chairman and owner ).

Miracle is too strong a word, but he’s done a great job in the most trying of circumstances this summer. The players are fitter than before, playing better football and actually looking like a team, by all accounts - despite not knowing if they would be out of work at the end of the month or paid what they were owed. Let’s give them all credit for that and hope that we can now kick on and get back into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    ‘Miracle’ too strong a word. However, take him out of the equation we’d be in a much worse position.

He’s definitely been the glue and deserves a large chunk of respect.
    If Ardley had left pre takeover? No doubts it would have made a bad situation worse, that's true. But other than oversee our exit from the FL, and stand his ground amidst the chit going on around him and maybe get what team we have prepared decently, he's hardly, (no pun intended), done enuff to be awarded the Nobel prize, just yet, IMHAHO. Their are many challenges ahead for him, let's see how he fares before we beatify him.
    Last edited by countygump; 26-07-2019 at 04:55 PM.

It may sound harsh especially with the club on it's arse for much the season but I still expect to be at least upper mid table come end of November. So the team and management need to hit the ground running. I'm sure hes targeted players already that were holding out for the sale to go through . Pre season playing wise to be fair has been good. I'm assume the new owners will want to bounce back asap. So he'd get full support in the transfer market. An added advantage being there's no Window.
    Last edited by youstylishmagpies; 26-07-2019 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Sp

Out of interest, what miracles has he worked?
    I wouldn't call it a miracle but to keep a dispirited relegation squad , find triallists, get them looking fit and coherent whilst nobody gets paid and the club is at it's lowest ever ebb
    is an achievement. If he walked three weeks ago we would probably have ended up like Bury or Bolton who have failed to actually play any pre season games, effectively going on strike.
    Whatever happens I'll always be grateful for his efforts this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Elite never has a single positive word to say about anyone or anything.
    I take it you have missed all my praise for the Haydn Green Estate then? I suppose drama queens only see what they want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    The miracle is keeping the squad together ( unpaid for 2 months ) , digging out decent displays and results and staying dignified.
    I'd call that doing his job in very difficult circumstances. I suppose it would be classed as a miracle by a drama queen though.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I wouldn't call it a miracle but to keep a dispirited relegation squad , find triallists, get them looking fit and coherent whilst nobody gets paid and the club is at it's lowest ever ebb
    is an achievement. If he walked three weeks ago we would probably have ended up like Bury or Bolton who have failed to actually play any pre season games, effectively going on strike.
    Whatever happens I'll always be grateful for his efforts this summer.
    Yep, Ardley deserves praise for the way he has stuck at it in very trying circumstances, but to call him a miracle worker is ridiculous in the extreme. Remember that this is the bloke who sent out the disorganised and unmotivated teams that saw us relegated. It looks like he's here for the foreseeable future so I hope he does well, but let's try and keep a sense of perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    If Ardley had left pre takeover? No doubts it would have made a bad situation worse, that's true. But other than oversee our exit from the FL, and stand his ground amidst the chit going on around him and maybe get what team we have prepared decently, he's hardly, (no pun intended), done enuff to be awarded the Nobel prize, just yet, IMHAHO. Their are many challenges ahead for him, let's see how he fares before we beatify him.
    Rather grudging Gumpy, we had an awful team last year, it cost a fortune but it was awful with a total imbalance. Four men took the helm and none of them got consistent results from that squad.
    It looks like we've been saved and already it looks like you want to revert straight back to the sack / compensate, roll the dice , churn the players route again.
    He did well at Wimbledon, is clearly methodical rather than inspirational and I'd like to think that if we back him with time as much as money he'll take us up as he did Wimbledon.
    We have to break the cycle and now is the time.

Yep, Ardley deserves praise for the way he has stuck at it in very trying circumstances, but to call him a miracle worker is ridiculous in the extreme. Remember that this is the bloke who sent out the disorganised and unmotivated teams that saw us relegated. It looks like he's here for the foreseeable future so I hope he does well, but let's try and keep a sense of perspective.

What is perspective though? On three months of results Ardley wasn't great. As a club over the last five years from an outside perspective we're a basket case, sacking three managers a year and regularly churning over dozens of players a season and suffering two relegations while splurging millions to leave us teetering on the brink in the tin pot scrap heap league.
    I'm for stability and patience , we haven't tried it for years and it literally can't be worse than what we've been doing.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast