But I haven't claimed it's all down to luck.
I'm saying there are multiple factors involved.
As for your argument about ruining players' confidence, it just doesn't make sense to me.
If Bell, Gallagher and Brereton have had their confidence destroyed, why have they played well in some games, but not others? There is no logic in it.
The obvious word to describe our season is "inconsistent". Is the manager to blame for that?
Well, of course, he is one of the factors involved, but the first hour at Wigan is what really brought our decent run to an end, and that performance was mystifying. Confidence was at its peak, and we put out a strong, attacking team. Trying to argue that Mowbray was behind that display just baffles me.
The first Birmingham game was a replica of quite a few we have seen. A team playing with only one purpose in mind - to stifle. And we have seen before that we are not good at dealing with that - especially with Dack missing.
In the Cup game, with either Dack or Graham on the pitch, I suspect we would have won comfortably.
Mowbray's recent signings have not been successful. Clearly, that's a black mark against him, but I have never thought or claimed that he was an exceptional manager.
My point is that changing would be pure guesswork, and we have a pretty poor record in the last ten or 12 years when it comes to replacing the boss.
This Division is so unpredictable, we could suddenly win two or three games again. It's a lottery.
If clubs were sacking Championship managers for inconsistency this season, we'd be down to about only three or four still in a job!
In football these days, it seems, sometimes, as if a manager eventually gets sacked because the fans and owners have got bored with him - not because there is any high probability that the replacement will do any better!