+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barrow 07.03.20

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    My two penneth would simply be that this is NOW typical NCM and that NCM is the poorer for it, not because of the petty arguing itself but because it is becoming the majority of NCM these days as others post less and less because of it.
    Two questions Swale:

1. Is it really "because it is becoming the majority of NCM these days" or is that factually incorrect? If it was "the majority of NCM" that would mean more than half of all topics. Have look at all of the topics and all of those that descend into petty arguments. I know this is semantics, but it's important to put it into perspective.

2. When you claim "because it is becoming the majority of NCM these days as others post less and less because of it", are posting numbers really down? I don't see it, but as a mod you probably have more info on this than I do. You will be a hero if you prove me wrong!

The gist of the sentiment is that personal spats are tiresome

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    The gist of the sentiment is that personal spats are tiresome
    I get that. My counter argument is that removing all personal spats would lead to less views, less posts and less interest.

I could be wrong, so it's over to other posters and the moderators. I'll abide by whatever they decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Two questions Swale:

1. Is it really "because it is becoming the majority of NCM these days" or is that factually incorrect? If it was "the majority of NCM" that would mean more than half of all topics. Have look at all of the topics and all of those that descend into petty arguments. I know this is semantics, but it's important to put it into perspective.

2. When you claim "because it is becoming the majority of NCM these days as others post less and less because of it", are posting numbers really down? I don't see it, but as a mod you probably have more info on this than I do. You will be a hero if you prove me wrong!
    Posting numbers are not down, mainly because the arguing posts are raising the number.

I don't know if you realise it and posted it 'tongue in cheek' but your post is actually symptomatic of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    After how the Barrow players goaded the Notts’ fans each time they scored earlier this season I hope Barrow don’t go up. Today was poetic justice.
    Hear! hear! They certainly reaped what they sowed today.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Posting numbers are not down, mainly because the arguing posts are raising the number.

I don't know if you realise it and posted it 'tongue in cheek' but your post is actually symptomatic of the problem
    As I said earlier, it's over to you. Just do what you think is best for the future of the board.

If that leaves me as a reader rather than a poster, I can live with it.

Brilliant result Notts and Ardley, at last utilising the excellent Crawford. I'm happy as one of those typical Notts fans! To come eat humble pie and accept I have wrong recently and Ardley has got his tactics and substitutions spot on last 2 matches. Bring on Aldershot

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Brilliant result Notts and Ardley, at last utilising the excellent Crawford. I'm happy as one of those typical Notts fans! To come eat humble pie and accept I have wrong recently and Ardley has got his tactics and substitutions spot on last 2 matches. Bring on Aldershot
    If Ardley gets us up a lot of us will be fighting over the humble pie*. Really good to see Crawford on the teamsheet and even better to see him on the scoresheet, I think he has a big part to play as the season concludes.

* Reality check. I'm big on reality tonight, so he would only be taking us back where he started.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Please quote fred and post number, BFP, and then I'll admit I do have my doubts about Mo Farah.
    I did mean to ask you whether you’d seen the panorama docco...

Both this season and last, Ardley has been decent at getting results against the better teams. Bodes well for the playoffs if that’s where we end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Two questions Swale:

For goodness sake grow up, you're like a attention seeking 2 year old.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast