+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 164 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I will be probably one of the first to pull him up if we are not performing the way he aims the club to be. If you make bold statements like selling 15k season tickets and aim to win every competition we enter then I fully expect us to at least give it a right good go. I am for giving him a chance to prove himself and in all honesty I want him to succeed.

On another note though....was anyone actually convinced about this Hernández escapade? It’s good that he explained in detail about the transfer of him though, maybe he was feeling guilty about something?!
    The Hernandez thing still makes no sense. He had to answer it because he would have got hammered for avoiding it if he didn't. He did shed a bit of new light on it by saying he put the money in himself to do the deal. But he also said it was Derek's signing, but then said the reason he didn't play was because Derek changed to the 352 system. Why would the manager want to spend close to a million quid on someone he knew wouldn't fit into his system. Having said that, I think Hernandez could have played the right wing back role better than some of the players McInnes deployed there - so definitely still something not quite right about it all.

On next season, I agree with others - I can see a couple of young English players coming up (probably on loan), a couple of Americans coming over (probably on loan, or some kind of exchange idea with a couple of our players) and one or two of Brown's contacts. That would certainly be a more interesting combination of signings than we've been used to.

I think it is well known that Declan Gallagher has agreed to join us. I think Scott Brown will definitely need to show his worth and he will have convinced someone of a decent standard to join us as would Allan Russell.
    I genuinely think we will surprise a lot of people next season. Cormack won’t have made the bold claim about trying to shift 15k season tickets without being very ambitious. It’s a lot of season tickets to shift unless you have the goods to convince punters to shell their cash.
    I heard the i terview. Didnt hear him say he wanted 15k season tickets , right now , for next season though.mT hought he said he would LIKE to eventually achieve his tsrget of ,15k . By attracting them in with the new brand of sttractive product on the pitch ?

We all hear different things when listening to the same thing. So I should listen to it sgain and make sure . But thats what I heard anyway !!

He also acknowledged that historically we have never broken through th 8-8500 mark ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    I heard the i terview. Didnt hear him say he wanted 15k season tickets , right now , for next season though.mT hought he said he would LIKE to eventually achieve his tsrget of ,15k . By attracting them in with the new brand of sttractive product on the pitch ?

We all hear different things when listening to the same thing. So I should listen to it sgain and make sure . But thats what I heard anyway !!

He also acknowledged that historically we have never broken through th 8-8500 mark ?
    He will get a hell of a lot closer to the 15k mark if he definitely shows us he means business. I admit that I haven’t bought a season ticket for a good few years now and even though I probably won’t make it every time we have a home match I will buy one at least if he produces the goods in the transfer window. Getting sales is about what product you have and the timing you do it. We have a fantastic chance to make our football club a hell of a lot more appealing and exciting. If we do, the sales will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The Hernandez thing still makes no sense. He had to answer it because he would have got hammered for avoiding it if he didn't. He did shed a bit of new light on it by saying he put the money in himself to do the deal. But he also said it was Derek's signing, but then said the reason he didn't play was because Derek changed to the 352 system. Why would the manager want to spend close to a million quid on someone he knew wouldn't fit into his system. Having said that, I think Hernandez could have played the right wing back role better than some of the players McInnes deployed there - so definitely still something not quite right about it all.

On next season, I agree with others - I can see a couple of young English players coming up (probably on loan), a couple of Americans coming over (probably on loan, or some kind of exchange idea with a couple of our players) and one or two of Brown's contacts. That would certainly be a more interesting combination of signings than we've been used to.
    Everyone at the time knew it wasn't a McInnes signing. He was foreign and playing abroad with no links to the UK at all. Mcinnes was never paying £850k for someone like that. Clearly signed by Cormack on the back of something from Atlanta. He's also converted it into shares.

He will get a hell of a lot closer to the 15k mark if he definitely shows us he means business. I admit that I haven’t bought a season ticket for a good few years now and even though I probably won’t make it every time we have a home match I will buy one at least if he produces the goods in the transfer window. Getting sales is about what product you have and the timing you do it. We have a fantastic chance to make our football club a hell of a lot more appealing and exciting. If we do, the sales will follow.
    Agreed. I do think 15k would/could only come if we were up there winning cups and challenging for the League for more than one or two seasons though.

Heck, anyone know how many season tickets we sold for the 1984 season. ??

( I`d reckon hitting 12-13k would be our potential realistic upper limit ? BUT, thats not happy clapping mindset. So lets aim HIGH !! )

Sheerin saying that Glass will be happy with the strong squad he is inheriting. I know he has to protect and try to motivate the players but come on to f*ck!

15,000 season tickets may be the Chairman’s aim, however, as a businessman, he must surely recognise that that figure is only ever going to be attainable if he can put a team on the park playing attractive attacking football and challenging at the top of the league. That has to happen BEFORE most fans return in their droves. Can’t see it to be frank, especially as he always emphasises that the Club has to live within its means, which I fully understand, but such financial constraints are incompatible with the Club’s aims, in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Max View Post
    Sheerin saying that Glass will be happy with the strong squad he is inheriting. I know he has to protect and try to motivate the players but come on to f*ck!
    Yea I did think that was a stretch but we do have some able players despite our form.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    15,000 season tickets may be the Chairman’s aim, however, as a businessman, he must surely recognise that that figure is only ever going to be attainable if he can put a team on the park playing attractive attacking football and challenging at the top of the league. That has to happen BEFORE most fans return in their droves. Can’t see it to be frank, especially as he always emphasises that the Club has to live within its means, which I fully understand, but such financial constraints are incompatible with the Club’s aims, in my view.
    Maybe he’s got some clever ideas along the community club type lines. Not sure what the deal is at the moment, but maybe kids get a free season ticket with a parent, or more reduced price season tickets for different types of folk. How cheap would you have to make a season ticket for 15,000 people to buy it? I think the reality is that no matter how cheap it is, if the product on the park isn’t worth watching, folk won’t bother. He’s going to have to do something radical (on the park, and in terms of the pricing or something) to get to nearly double what we traditionally sell within a few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Yea I did think that was a stretch but we do have some able players despite our form.
    Most of them defensive midfielders though!

Page 7 of 164 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast